• XSLT

Format: PaperbackChange

on 7 July 2011
This book contains a lot of information however I have a few gripes with it:

1) I find the intermingling of XSLT 1.0 with XSLT 2.0 to be confusing at the best of times - far better would be to have separate sections for the two standards (or even a separate book)

2) Frequently I have had to resort to going on the internet to find out more information - not really what you want from a reference book!

3) Some things are not very well explained and the examples are quite difficult to follow and the book dismisses some things entirely with phrases such as "we've covered most of the document components you're ever likely to select" - this just irritated me, how do the author's know what I want to select and if there is more information (as this statement aludes to) why not present it or present a reference to where I can find out more?

Overall I think 3 stars is quite generous but it does contain a lot of information and is quite a large book so I am going to persevere with it. Certainly not up to the same standards that I have come to expect from O'Reilly.
on 3 July 2015
Good description.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2015
A heavyweight to e, well with the. Money but weeks of stuff in store...