on 5 December 2010
This is the best text on CSS I've found. If you've got a basic understanding of HTML, this will take you through all the main aspects of CSS, and back up the tuition with hands-on tutorials for each section. There are files online to import into your web editor for each tutorial, which you then tweak with the relevant code added. I understand there is an updated version, but this one is perfectly adequate for my needs.
on 18 July 2009
This is the best CSS book I've read for those moving on from HTML. Covers beginner to intermediate in understandable steps and with work-through examples. My copy is so battered I might have to buy another copy. Hoping the Missing Manual Javascript is just as useful.
on 28 February 2010
I borrowed this from the local library as some aspects looked interesting. Whilst I did manage to get some parts working okay I found that some styles mentioned in this booked just didn't work at all, and some styles needed modification to get them working. For example the book gives the example of a[href^='[...] to display a style for external hyperlinks however I found that this didn't work unless changed to a[href^="[...]"] and the example given in the book of a[href^='[...]^='[...]) also doesn't work at all (substituting mysite for your own website of course). Okay for giving you ideas but the mistakes in this book let it down.
on 7 April 2008
A very good introduction to CSS, particularly well illustrated explaining the order of HTML and CSS. Would recommend this one to anyone interested in learning the basics of CSS.
on 18 May 2009
Gradually building up a library of the "Misssing Manuals" all excellent so far and this is no exception - an invaluable reference book and tutorial whether a novice or expert.
on 11 March 2010
I am a long standing techie but have not touched CSS before. This is an excellent introduction and reference. The author has achieved the rare skill of writing a book that reads well when learning but is concise enough to make a good reference book. Examples/illustrations are well thought out and crystal clear.

I gave this book to a student intern of mine and he found it easy to use as well and has gone on to get the JavaScrpt book in this series.

I will certainly look at this series of books I am looking for a good technical book.
on 19 August 2011
Having read many books on CSS over the years, I can categorically say this is without doubt the most informative I have seen.
on 21 August 2007
A great start for anyone wanting to start with CSS - clear, easy to understand examples, would definitely recommend it.

I didn't do most of the esaier examples, but the more complicted ones were well worth the price of the book alone!

--James
on 12 June 2009
Read this book in April 2008 when I was just getting into CSS and realising its power. There are other good books on the subject but this one really gets you into the heart and soul of the subject. It's worth reading every word - and I'd urge all beginners to read it
on 5 July 2009
I read it twice in a row. The chapter on lay-outs is as clear as possible. But the best parts are the tutorials that guide you step by step on learning everything you need.