on 9 April 2012
I Just bought this book.

It's not a 'kindle version' - it's a PDF, which won't even open on my Kindle!

It opens on my iPad, but everything is too small to read. It opens on my computer, but it's useless really. A PDF would work better in a PDF reader.

It's beyond useless, a total rip-off and a farce.

I seriously want my money back. This is shocking
on 2 April 2009
Designers probably will get most out of this book, but even without designer skills, there are valuable tips and tricks on improving the visuals on your slides.

I would recommend Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007 to Create Presentations That Inform, Motivate, and Inspire to get a better idea on the concept of creating text-light slides. Content is king, so get this one first.

I'm not thrilled by some of the graphs slide:ology features. Other than that, I got a lot out of it.
on 6 May 2016
This was recommended min one of the Garr Reynolds books and it does add more to the mix. This book gives some guidelines but leaves a lot of latitude for you to innovate with your own ideas.
on 2 September 2008
Simply outstanding. The book is stunningly presented, with fantastic real world examples. I cannot recommend this book highly enough for ANYONE who does presentations either internally or externally in their organisations.
on 6 January 2015
Very nice book but it points out the obvious if you have created many presentations commercially
on 13 April 2010
Not a how-to-do-it book, but a much better why- (or why-not) to-do-it.
Highly recommended!
on 31 January 2010
I recently purchased this book because I use Powerpoint in my teaching presentations and needed a guiding hand to put together an informative visual alternative to boring bullet points. Duarte's book is very easy to read but feels like a master-class in design & presentation. She clearly knows her subject and each section presents a new topic in easy to digest format. LOTS of great advice - whatever your level of expertise - & great examples illustrate her points. She's revolutionized my approach to teaching aids. Thank you. A Great buy.
on 27 September 2008
This is a very good book, but not quite 5 stars worth. It is beautifully put together, as you would expect with such strong design principles. It is full of many real life examples and case studies. The ideas are always sound, and sometimes breathtaking.

The lost star is that it moves so quickly from one idea to another, with the desire to make each idea palatable I assume. This succeeds, but the outcome is twofold. Firstly, as you are tantalised with a new area of interest it moves so quickly onto the next; I felt continually underfed. Secondly, it made the book feel a little fast-cut. Like some modern films that cannot hold shot for more than 3 seconds, it feels disjointed when really it isn't.

So this is a lovely book, wonderfully put together, I just wish it had held onto some thoughts a little longer.
on 18 March 2015
top quality product, good price and recommended
on 11 June 2015
No more death by Powerpoint!