4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great but missing a couple of chapters, 15 Jan 2014
A. J. Gauld (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Using SQLite (Paperback)
This book is an excellent intro to SQLite for beginners to SQL and RDBMS in general and also a great intro to the SQLIte API for C programmers. Where it falls down in in the next level of SQL coverage. It feels like there should be another chapter covering more advanced topics like Triggers, Views and database admin in more detail. The reference section covers the basics of all the commands but the tutorial barely mentions views or triggers. Database admin is almost dismissed since one of the advantages of SQLite is that there is very little to administer. Nonetheless any large SQLite database still needs some TLC occasionally. The other ommission is tuning. How to improve queries with Explain etc would definitely be helpful especially since that's an area that is usually database specific. As an intro to SQLite it is an excellent book and I learned a lot, despite having used SQL in Oracle and having played with SQLite for many years, but I was hoping for more. Maybe in a second edition the missing pieces will be addressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal time saver when developing an SQLite database, 9 Sep 2013
John H. Everington (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Using SQLite (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me develop a database diary system for my own use.
I have used SQL over many years but only recently loaded down SQLite, so I wasn't looking for a teach yourself SQL, just an incite into SQLite.
And it is ideal: after an initial reading and skimming through I now use it as a reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Using SQLite (Kindle Edition)
I am new to SQLite although am a regular MS Access database user. I can't comment on whether this book would be any good for someone who already has programming experience, but for a relative newcomer like myself, it is excellent. I have been able to build an SQLite database, import data from csv files and run queries on this database all based upon what I have learnt from the book.

ARRAY(0x9ce0478c)

Using SQLite
Using SQLite by Jay A. Kreibich (Paperback - 27 Aug 2010)
38.50