4.0 out of 5 stars An essential adjunct
I was interested in Photoshop Elements 6 but wondered whether I might end up paying nearly $100 for something that was not a lot better than iPhoto but much less functional than full Photoshop. In actual fact it is a significant advance on iPhoto for image manipulation and does everything I want just as well as the full version would.

The only downside I have...
Published on 21 Aug. 2008 by Audio Angel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Backup
Published on 27 July 2009 by Julia Simms

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential adjunct, 21 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) (Paperback)

The only downside I have encountered is that it is not intuitive to use and the included documentation is poor. To be fair, Adobe do recommend that you use their website Help, but I'd recommend anyone who does not have Photoshop experience to also purchase Barbara Brundage's "Photoshop elements 6 for Mac The Missing Manual". This saved me going crazy in the learning phase and even now that I am comfortable with the program I still go back to the book for advanced tips and work-rounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes everything so clear, 4 Feb. 2009
Old Den (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
I used Photoshop Elements in various versions on my PC for a number of years and had been through the "Classroom in a book" by Adobe. When I changed to an iMac and bought PE 6 for Mac I decided to try "The Missing Manual". I have now found out more about PE than I ever knew before and I can thoroughly recommend this book to everyone. The clarity of the explanations is superb.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Backup, 27 July 2009
I would recommend this, although it is a bit of a tome. If you are patient, you can read through and understand the basic elements (just), but I think the best advice would be to do a hands on course if you really know nothing about photoshop. The book tries to explain what to do with layers etc, but to read this and then apply it by yourself is a tall order, for most people and I'm quite patient. Some things I wanted to know about, like watermarking, were not really explained, or difficult to understand. It's a useful book to have though if you need to refer but my advice would be to do a brief elements course or get someone who knows what they are doing to show you how.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 4 Jun. 2009
Mr. Atj Griffiths (UK) - See all my reviews
I've got another in this series, and find it really easy to understand. This is now in colour, so is even better. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Manual for Elements 6 for Mac, 12 Aug. 2009
M. R. Weatherhead "Heavy user" (Hungerford Uk) - See all my reviews
For anyone who has or is about to buy Elements 6 for the Mac this book is really a no-brainer. Especially so if you have never used one of Barbara Brundage's manuals before. I also bought the Elements 4 manual by the same author and - to be fair - much of the material is common. However, this latest manual has been updated to include the new features in Elements 6 so the extra cost for the book is certainly worthwhile.

Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars a happy customer, 24 Nov. 2010
Book in excellent condition. Arrived 2nd November, the first date of the delivery slot. Just getting used to photoshop for Mac, but it should be good when I get into the program.

Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) by Barbara Brundage (Paperback - 6 April 2008)