Format: PaperbackChange

on 20 June 2008
It's been a long time since I've returned a book for a refund but this is going back!

I waited several months for this to become available and was expecting some cutting edge science and an interesting read. It's neither.

Nothing new at all, lots of silly optical illusions - the sort you get on email chain spam - a lot of stuff about diet but nothing new and some glaring mistakes like referring to olive oil as omega 3. Tricks for improving memory are sparse and again nothing new.

A fair bit about neurons and the brains wiring but again the book falls short with stuff you can find anywhere on the net - if you are that interested - but fails dismally to relate it to anything useful.

I love the missing manual books usually but this one I consider a dismal failure.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2008
Unlike the other reviewer I thought it was good. It had a very easy reading style and contained plenty of interesting material. Sure it's light-weight - not a heavy text book, but certainly engaging and worth the money.
on 21 May 2009
A very interesting read! I learned many useful facts to help me keep my brain in tip top shape.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse