Format: PaperbackChange

on 18 February 2015
Great book but seriously out of date now. Badly needs a new edition!
on 8 February 2012
This book is great if you have only just started looking at building website and want information in one place but the information can be found online. Not worth the money for anyone with just a little experience.
on 4 February 2011
I bought this book on the basis of reviews, and must say that I wasn't disappointed. It contains a wealth of extremely useful information and guidance, presented in an-easy-to-read, yet concise, manner. Some individual pages contained as much useful information as whole chapters in other books from the publisher!!
Although the main reason for purchasing the book was to improve the 'technical' aspects of my web site's performance, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the first half of the book (on optimisation for sales) was also useful to me!!
on 21 October 2010
I haven't read many books about the general theme of website optimization. However, I can compare the content of this book with the many content there is on the web that I have read so far. It's well explained and I recommend it. I've learned much that I can use in the project I am currently working on and mainly in the next one.

The final proof to me was when I went to their website and it was reeeeally fast! Check it out.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 October 2008
It's kind of a catch 22. You can write the best web copy but if your website loads slowly no one will stick around to read it. But how can you make your site stand out, while keeping the loading times reasonable?

Fortunately, Website Optimizing shows the average person how they can have full website optimization. Now you don't have to make a choice. You can have a quick loading website that looks professional and still create great web copy that demands attention.

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by Website Optimizing. I expected it to be heavy on optimizing code and graphics. I never really expected this book to discuss web copy. Putting the two types of information together makes perfect sense.