5.0 out of 5 stars It really is the MISSING MANUAL.
I have B Bs previous Elements Missing Manuals (Elements 3 & 4),all are excellent guides,& this for Elements 5 is no exception.Especially as this version is in full colour.

B B does not pull her punches if she thinks Adobe has not got it quite right.Throughout the book you get the feeling that she is talking TO you...not AT you.

There is also a good...
Published on 7 Dec 2006 by Dee W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dios Libre South Wales
Bought this as a present to support the software I had previously given, it was OK until my daughter had to get a new PC which had Win 7 installed, oh dear! this software doesn't work on 7. You should really check that all your loved software will work on new machines or it could become very expensive!!!.
Published on 23 April 2011 by Dios Libre

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is the MISSING MANUAL., 7 Dec 2006
Dee W. "onedoller" (Filey,North Yorkshire.) - See all my reviews

There is also a good backup site for extras & questions.

This should be a mandatory acquisition for all Elements 5

(would be)owners as El 5 is a considerable improvement over version 4!

If you only want one book to guide you through Elements 5

this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover everthing and more, 23 Jun 2007
Derek Rogerson (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
This book is absolute mustard, it covers everything in a clear and concise manner. Dont't waste your time looking any futher; this is by far the best instruction book I have ever pupchased. It covers every topic in depth, but still remains understandable to a 62 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential companion for any Elements 5 user, 10 May 2007
A Common Reader "Committed to reading" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I have bought quite a few books about Photoshop Elements over the last few years, and this is the one I can rely on to answer any question I may have about this complex piece of software. Barbara Brundage writes in a straightforward way, not talking down to the reader or trying to crack pointless jokes to jolly them along. The book follows a logical progression, is well laid out, and most-importantly has a very comprehensive index at the back.

Some books are glossier with more photographic examples, but this one explains the concepts of Photoshop Elements in a clear way and every time I look at it I discover more features of the program than I would find any other way. It does not have the worked examples with catchy titles like some instruction books (how to change your friend's hair colour, how to make a greeetings card etc), but personally I find that few of these are every really relevant to what I want to do anyway. What it does to is to use the software intelligently so that I can easily work out how to perfrom specific tasks.

This is far and away the best instruction book for Elements 5 and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who wants to move beyond the instant fix buttons in the program and explore its more complex features.

5.0 out of 5 stars In practice, 2 Dec 2006
B. G. Kennett "book cynic" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 4: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) (Paperback)
This book is really on top of the heap! Far better than Scott Kelby's; she does'nt bother with the slush. Just plain straight talking as it were.

If you only buy one elements book.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide by the expert, 29 Jan 2009
B. W. Horton "briananddihorton" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Barbara Brundage helped me out with a problem that I posted on an Elements forum, before I knew who she was. So I bought the book! She explains complex issues very clearly and is obviously totally on top of her subject.Yes, it is the 'missing manual' you need to get the best out of Elements, as the Adobe help is hopeless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dios Libre South Wales, 23 April 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for Elements 4 for the Mac, 15 Mar 2007
Mr. C. J. L. Skelton "cscsonline" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This book dies not deal with the Mac version. There is no mention of Adobe Bridge in it which is the organiser and is a separate program. As far as I can see, there are no books that deal with the Mac version.

ARRAY(0xa7cac558)

Photoshop Elements 4: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Photoshop Elements 4: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) by Barbara Brundage (Paperback - 10 Nov 2005)
30.99