Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 November 2010
I downloaded this last week as a way to get me up and running in Xcode; seeing the words '2nd Edition' and the year of release (2010) made me think that it would be an appropriate text. I should have dug a little deeper though, because under '2nd Edition' (not quite large enough to be able to read in the preview) it proudly states, 'Covers Mac OS X 10.2'. Needless to say, this is now well out of date and doesn't map at all well on to real world interaction with Xcode anymore (indeed, it was written in the days before Xcode existed).

There's no doubt that the content was solid for its time (and the content remains true at a conceptual level), but it won't suit your purpose if you want to get started writing for Mac apps using Xcode in the present day.

This can all be intimated from the publisher's blurb and a more diligent/less eager-to-jump-in reader would have spotted this; hopefully, if your Kindle trigger-finger's as twitchy as mine, I made this mistake so you won't have to.