5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Overview
I really, really enjoyed this guidebook - sort of like a rambler's guide to running Solaris networks. The author takes the reader through ten chapters providing overall guidance and some detailed architectural insights into development and deployment of e-commerce and more generic services.
Published on 23 May 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Published on 23 Jan 2004 by Simon Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Overview, 23 May 2002
By A Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 23 Jan 2004
This review is from: Solaris 8 Administrator's Guide (Paperback)
This book is very useful for those who are migrating to the Solaris platform, but not what I was looking for. I am an infrastructure analyst and administer Solaris as a living, but I still found some points useful. It's amazing how many of the little things you don't use can be so useful. I was expecting a larger insight into some of the topics, but still a good book none the less

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book, 18 July 2002
This review is from: Solaris 8 Administrator's Guide (Paperback)
I found this book essential for Solaris maintenance. I went from making obvious mistakes due to my FreeBSD background (such as using /bin/bash), to fully undertanding advanced concepts such as restarting daemons using init scripts!
This book is almost as challanging as the course I do at TAFE on computing! It's even helped me with some of their complicated operating systems courses.
Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Feb 2002
This review is from: Solaris 8 Administrator's Guide (Paperback)
This is really a summary of Solaris Administration. There needs to be more detail and more subject area's covered. Some of the basic info is missing or very hard to find.
It is not badly written so perhaps the next edition will be less rushed.

Solaris 8 Administrator's Guide
Solaris 8 Administrator's Guide by Dr. Paul Andrew Watters (Paperback - 1 Feb 2002)
25.99