on 3 May 1999
I cannot rate this book highly enough! Since reading it, I have really thought about my whole approach to the classroom. I found Louanne Johnson to be down-to-earth and extremely practical, as well as amusing and at times touching. I keep on re-reading it, and every time I find some new gem! I am hoping there will be a sequel!
on 27 October 2000
This book is probably one of the best books on eductional theory that I have come across. Louanne Johnsons almost "off the wall" methods lay it out for you in a no-nonsense manner that makes you want to try at least one of them. The first book of its kind I've found that puts eductional theory into plain english where should have been for a long time.
on 8 July 1998
Two Parts Textbook, One Part Love is a must have for all teachers' libraries. Teachers should take a part of this book with them to start their September school year. Her other book, School is Not a Four Letter Word, is a great book for parents of your students...recommend it at Back to School Night!
on 30 July 2004
No matter which subject you teach or how long you have been teaching you must buy this book! It is truly the most inspirational read I have ever had. Every page contains words of wisdom and ideas. It should be a set text on every teacher training course and once you share its pedagogy with your collegues, they'll want a copy too.
on 29 June 1998
TEACHERS!
: If you watched 'Dangerous Minds' and scoffed at Michelle Pfeiffer subduing hundreds of unruly kids without a single eye-bag or chewed fingernail, or if you read LouAnne Johnson's other books and tried out some of her exercises in your own teaching, then this is the book you REALLY wanted, instead.
It's all tips and tricks and how-to-make-life-easier, and guess what? All of them WORK.