5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting look into the world of balance., 22 Nov 1998
By A Customer
Although the title is a bit laughable (I was asked several times why I was reading a children's book at my age) I found this book to be quite informative and eye-opening.
As the author goes into detail about the effects of fungicides, herbicides and fertilizer on the land and how it affects the balance in teh soil and the terrain around, one can finally say they've learned more than the catch phrase "pesticides are bad for the earth." In the final chapter she goes into the various maladies caused by the sudden lack of nutrients in our food courtesy of teh green revolution and technology's sudden knowledge on how to do things "better" than nature has. Did you know, for instance, that diabetes was unknown to ancient peoples? This, the author says (and has cited books in the bibliography where one may read for themselves) is due to the lack of nutrition in our "cardboard" fruits and vegetables we have today. After reading this book I swore to never use another fertilizer or pesticide on anything I grew in my yard again. It is almost scary to read about the extent to which our impoverished diet has affected us mentally, emotionally and physically over the past sixty or so years.
This was a most excellent book. I simply couldn't put it down, even at the expense of homework and housecleaning. For anyone who wishes to know more about the nature of balance, and how one would go about working with the subtle energies of the earth to help whatever they grow, I most definitely recommend this book. She also has directions in the back for contacting your own devas and elves, and list of places where you could find the information she herself did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to learn how to work in partnership with nature!!, 14 July 1998
By A Customer
I started it and couldnt put it down, the lessons to be learned should be reviewed by all interested in workin with nature

5.0 out of 5 stars This was recommended a few years ago. Really enjoying it., 10 Mar 2014
If you like the idea of working with nature spirits and have read about Findhorn you may enjoy this too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 10 April 2012
Really enjoyed this. I have already read Summer with the leprechauns, and much of machalle small-wright, and this book is just as useful. I most like the warts and all approach where the failures and problems are very honestly described, which is confidence giving for those moments in your own garden where you are unsure or think you have gone wrong. Great book, finished it feeling very encouraged.

5.0 out of 5 stars STRANGE? BUT EXTREMLY INTERESTING., 8 April 1998
By A Customer
i THOUGHT THIS BOOK WAS VERY COOL, I PLAN TO READ TH FINDHORN GARDEN AND COMPARE THE TWO STORIES.

The Elves of Lily Hill Farm: A Partnership with Nature
The Elves of Lily Hill Farm: A Partnership with Nature by Penny Kelly (Paperback - 20 Dec 2000)
Used & New from: £3.51