5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, entertaining and well thought out
We hear a lot about psychopaths in business, politics, medicine and other fields where they have power over others, power which they can presumably exploit. This is the common perception, and until reading Kevin Dutton's books was as far as my understanding of this went.

Then there is the untapped potential of the traits of psychopaths and how regular people...
Published 6 months ago by Don D

3.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating observations but painful reading at times.
The book has value and i suspect the concepts and principles are sound, so worth reading - However I found the dumbed down banter between the two authors running through the book to be rather tiring. Also it seems hard trying to find the key points in the book when reviewing it at a later stage as they are hidden amongst all the light hearted guff.
Published 5 months ago by M. Gilpin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success (Paperback)
Excellent book of value to the student of human interaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Original, interesting, informative and enjoyable, 2 July 2014
H Raz (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book clarifies the concept of psychopathy in a way which debunks the typical understanding of this word (we usually associate psychopath with some scary, sadistic criminal). It also serves as a self-help guide to gaining greater self-confidence often by challenging many typical assumptions we make in day-to-day life and contrasting them with the mindset of a psychopathic personality.

My main criticism is the overly laddish, matey and "jokey" style in which it is written, where serious points are punctuated by irritating asides which I ended up just skipping. There are some amusing anecdotes which illustrate important points as well which are fine, but it is the asides which I found tedious.

But nevertheless, although these asides get in the way of reading, I still found this book very engaging.

3.0 out of 5 stars Found myself getting bored by it's smugness, 2 July 2014
W. Meyers (Feltham, Middx.UK) - See all my reviews
Found myself getting bored by it's smugness, lost interest in parts and then set fire to it! I am a psycho??

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 1 July 2014
An excellent and informative read. Very well written and keeps bobbing along.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version, 10 Jun 2014
DON'T BUY ON KINDLE. There are diagrams and and a quiz, which you cannot read on Kindle. Book (3 Chapters in) is an interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 8 Jun 2014
Well written and amusing. Easy to follow and well concluded at the end of each chapter.

Now, where's my axe...

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging read, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success (Paperback)
Interesting and well written insight into the human psyche. I found it a bit of a page turner and read it in 2 sittings, I am now re reading it and loving it for a second time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Want to score it higher but...., 7 July 2014
J. R. Mahoney (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success (Paperback)
After reading the concept, I had really high hopes for this since I find study-based psychological books from credible and analytical authors very interesting and useful, plus I have read a lot of McNab's books and enjoyed his informative and no-nonsense style. I generally detest "self-help" books due to the lack of any substance or supporting evidence to any claims or advice given.

However sadly I can't bring myself to give this more than 3 stars; mainly due to the narrative style and horrendously cheesy double-act exchanges between Dutton and McNab which are presumably intended to lighten the mood and make the whole thing more appealing to people who are put off by sterile academic stuff. But I just think it doesn't pull it off well enough to appeal to that audience, whilst putting off the audience that does want nitty gritty detail of the studies and theories mentioned.

On the whole the actual content seems to be good (although I would disagree with some of the morality involved in the quizzes), it's just not the in-depth, hard-facts, no-nonsense character study book I was hoping for. However it has given me inspiration to explore Dutton's other book on the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good informative book about ways to improve your life, 30 Jun 2014
The only negative comment I would make is that at times it's written in a very colloquial manner, and for me, this took away from the very good points the authors were trying to make by unnecessarily lowering the tone of the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars great lifestyle / business read, 11 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success (Paperback)
Absolutely brilliant, be brave and do what it says and it WILL make a difference to your business and personal life. A great read, I've read it twice and it comes with me everywhere I go. Got it on kindle and book as some of the quizzes are hard to follow on kindle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success
The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success by Kevin Dutton (Paperback - 8 May 2014)