5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven for a Harry Potter nerd :)
Published 19 months ago by Fairielights

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this book
I must admit when I heard there was a 'Revised and Expanded' edition of this book, I was really looking forward to seeing new content for Deathly Hallows 2.

When the first edition of Film Wizardry came out, I loved it. It was well worth the money, so I thought why not get the revised edition, with all the extra pages and content.

The second edition...
Published 19 months ago by playitlouder

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven for a Harry Potter nerd :), 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded) (Hardcover)
After much anticipation it arrived this morning and I can honestly say that it was worth the wait! I am a self-confessed Potter nerd, a mahoosive fan of both the books and films and for me this is such a wonderful insight into the backstage world of the Warner bro's films. The layout is beautiful and almost scrap-book like in its collaboration of photos, film visuals and text and the bright and bold colour makes it enviting. It is chocca block full of facts and information coming from all areas of the films production alongside stories and anecdotes from many of the cast and crew too.
For me personally the best bits of the book cover the visual elements of the films, from costume sketches, story boards, scenes created by the concept artists and maps showing the intricate layouts of Hogwarts and Diagon Alley the work is truly stunning. Best of all are the facsimilie replicas which allow you to hold that little bit of Harry Potters world in your hands, I won't give away all of the suprises but there are some incredibly intricate props tucked away within the book which really do bring it all to life.
I would reccomend this book to absolutely anyone with even an incling of an interest in Harry Potter. Having just biefly flicked through it I can already really appreciate the incredible amount of work that went in to the films and I look forward to an evening spent reading it cover to cover!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for any Potter fan, 15 Dec 2012
Firstly; if you have the original version of this book, I wouldn't recommend buying the expanded version purely for the 6 extra pages, it's not really worth it (unless you sell the old one in exchange for this edition).
But if you, like myself, waited until the expanded and finished edition, then this book is absolutely brilliant for any Harry Potter fan and a definite must-buy.

The book itself is a gorgeous addition to any Potter collection, as it's nicely presented and includes great detail and information on the films which is lovely to keep. The detachable extras inside, such as the marauders map & hogwarts letter are equally as lovely to own - I've taken out and framed most of mine, as they look great on display ^.^

Great price, great product and was delivered fast - what more do you want?
don't hesitate in buying this, if you love the Potter series even just a little bit, it's worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any hp fan!, 12 Oct 2013
I got this 2 weeks ago and it's brilliant! Got over 200 full colour good quality pages, and lots of replicas of the likes of the marauders map and the yule ball invitation (all very good quality) I definatly think this is worth the money, a must have for any harry potter fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Money saver!, 30 Sep 2013
Went to the harry potter studios and this book was 26...
I saved 10 and got it handed to me at my door.
Couldn't ask for much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats next after all the books and films are over?... This!!, 27 Jun 2013
Last year I visited the HP studios, the final thing to do, I thought, all the books are read, all the films watched... I was feeling so down and missing HP soooo much... I bought this and its cheered me right up. Its such an amazing world to get lost in. This book has it all, scene's from the films, behind the scene's, props, costumes... It reminds me of the Studio visit which was an INCREDIBLE experience. A definite must have for any HP fan

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 8 Oct 2013
this is one of the best things iv bought from amazon! I am obsessed with the harry potter books and films and this is a lovely book to go along with it :) loads of detail and the props are awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 3 Oct 2013
This was bought as a present for a friend. It arrived in great condition too.. My only downside is looking through it i wished i had bought myself a copy at the same time!! It's great.. Love the book..

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a great great companion for the Harry Potter books and films, 17 July 2014
This book is a great great companion for the Harry Potter books and films, and was much better than I had expected. Very well planned and photography is excellent. Lots of trips into the background of the Potter wizardry with many 3D facsimiles and a removable photo album.I am so glad I have this book, it is one book for all ages and not to be hidden away on a shelf (PS I am nearly 80 years of age )

5.0 out of 5 stars To all you muggles, 15 July 2014
The most amazing thing I own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical book full of extras!, 21 Jun 2014
There are so many things included in this book that even non HP fans find it impressive. It's stylish from front to back and the quality is superb. Lots of beautiful photos and plenty of extras (maps, tickets, invitations) on most pages as well as the text. You have to be careful when you open/access the little envelopes as they could easily tear.
Although I'd say the book is not suitable for young children as the text is small and the extras would be easily spoilt, I would not hesitate in suggesting this for any HP fans in your life of any other age - including adults.

Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded)
Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded) by Warner Bros (Hardcover - 6 Dec 2012)
17.68