1,276 of 1,296 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to lose but those unwanted lbs
My husband pre-ordered this for me as I have previously followed Paul McKennas 'I can make you thin' system.

I have to say that I'm normally quite cynical when it comes to these kind of products but after years of dieting and reverting back to my pre-diet weight, I figured why not just give it a try?

I read through the book in a day. Much of the...
Published on 7 Jan. 2013 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and speechless!!
I've given this 3 stars. Now I would like to give it the full 5, but don't feel I've been using it long enough yet. Started Friday 27th Feb 2015.
I must say I was surprised to see so many positive reviews, as usually this type of thing doesn't do well. Imagine my surprise, when I woke up from my hypnotic operation and wanted tea and toast........Only joking of...
Published 29 days ago by Ella

‹ Previous | 1 2 369 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
Have now read this and done the two cd bits and havening dvd included, have so far lost 7 inches off my tummy alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gastric band, 29 July 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
Arrived promptly, read the book watched the DVD, did the hypnosis cd......... It's truly working. I don't feel as hungry and my portions are definitely smaller ( but were never big anyway ) and the best part is I don't snack in the evening ( which I had a bad habit of doing ) passed the book onto my daughter as it is deffinately working

2.0 out of 5 stars ( I do love Paul McKenna and believe in him, 19 Sept. 2014
Seamus Martin (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I tried it. It didn't work for me. I'm fatter than ever! :(

I do love Paul McKenna and believe in him, so it's probably my fault. He claims a high percentage success rate with this method, so why not give him the benefit of the doubt and buy it. I hope it works on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Successful, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
I purcahsed this book/dvd/cd in mid January on a whim - wanting to lose weight, but failing to get the motivation to do it for the past two years.
I quickly read the book & listened to the Preparation CD, then tried the Trance.
I was skeptical as to whether this would work - but within two days, I found myself unable to eat a full Sunday Lunch at my sister's house, because my stomach was telling me I was full AND I LISTENED!!!
I initially lost 6lbs inthe first week, and since then it's been a gradual 1-3 lbs per week. One month in & I started suplementing the 20mins walk with some low impact aerobics 3 times per week.
In 8 weeks I have so far lost 1st 10lbs - fantastic in itself - but I have also stopped the nibbling between meals & cut down the alcohol intake without conciously planning to do so.
Well worth a try for anyone - even the skeptics

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the book all through and listened to CD. ..., 19 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
Read the book all through and listened to CD. Hasn't worked yet but I will try again. Everybody looks for a quick fix but as with everything it takes considerable input from you ! I'm hoping it will help with willpower but definitely isn't magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witchcraft !, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
For the first time in my life i felt compelled to write a review on something . Mainly because this actually works ! Nobody could be more surprised than me . Rapidly approaching 40 my portion sizes have been growing along with my butt and belly . I can clear a mountain of spaghetti in seconds flat so frankly i was not expecting this to work for me at all . Not only that but my food choices have astounded me . Fruit , vegetables and suchlike - actually CRAVING them . What on earth is that all about ? Mr Mc Kenna's soothing voice has clearly rewired my brain into believing i am in fact a rabbit. In all seriousness though - this is nothing short of miraculous for a greedy guts like me . Food finally tastes good again - i mean i can really TASTE it , almost like i gave up smoking or something . Which in turn makes you feel an even greater sense of satisfaction and for longer . Brilliant .

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's called comfort eating, then why do i feel so uncomfortable?, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
Food was the boss of me.

My problem has always been not having an `off' button. Moments after eating, I could be back in the kitchen looking for more tempting morsels without stopping to consider that I'm not hungry. Either that or I can wolf down a very large portion so quickly that my body doesn't stand a chance to say its had enough... and even then, I'd still manage a snack later on, once i'd stopped feeling so full.

The four simple rules from the first book were easy peasy, but for some reason I still struggled with my 'off' button.

Paul Mckenna, you clever man. Just by giving me a visualization that the capacity of my stomach has shrunk from the size of a melon to the size of a tennis ball and there is now barrier (even though i know it's not really there), has stopped me in my tracks.

I've started losing some excess weight, but I'm not worried if i don't get a 30 inch waist again, I feel, for the first time in my life, I'm the boss of food.

One very happy customer. Smashing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
The Hypnotic Gastric BandI have Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" book and had just started following the 4 Golden rules strictly again a few weeks ago... I had been finding it kinda hard not stuffing my face when eating and stopping when I felt full.
Well the book arrived the other day, I read it and followed the instructions. Yesterday morning I installed the band! What a difference!!!
I had 4 spoons of cereal for Breakfast that was all I could manage. I went for lunch and my friend had a steak and rib combo, I had a baked potato with tuna and a side salad.. I managed the tuna and the side salad but the potato was left.. Today I had 1 slice of toast and some pate, I had a tuna salad for my lunch at 2pm and its now 18.09 and I still feel full up...
I have to loose about 5st as I have kidney disease and shouldn't have got to this size but as we all know these things happen....
Oh, I should say I have been bothered with a windy tummy since yesterday, not that its a problem but I think it might go after a while..

Hat off to Mr McKenna and thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. Revolutionary Work., 16 Jan. 2013
Susan J. Smith (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
The Hypnotic Gastric Band

My copy of this book arrived yesterday. I read it, watched the dvd and did the cd to install my gastric band. Paul's explanation of the process is excellent in my opinion and I have used his work for years - personally and professionally (I am a retired Psychotherapist and author of self-help e-books now).

I can feel it working as my mind/stomach simply will not let me eat more than 2oz or half a cup of nutritional food at a time. Amazing. It is very real to me that I have had surgery to put the band in place and it is wonderful to have no pain (I have had a hysterectomy so know what pain surgery causes). My husband is totally sceptical and I am totally convinced.

I am so convinced that this will work that I wrote a blog about it today at [...]. I then wrote an open email letter to David Cameron, British Prime Minister because I think the NHS really ought to be made to research this. I then went on to email the world's press because I think the world should know and give all overweight people the opportunity to try it if they want to do so.

You need to understand that a couple of years ago a friend told me that her friend had spent hundreds of pounds seeing a hypnotherapist in person to have this done. I could not afford to do that now that I have to live on my state pension. I am obese but not fat enough for the NHS to agree to a surgical gastric band.

I have no financial connection to McKenna - simply think this can help millions of people all over the world.

Like many overweight people I have spent my life struggling with my weight. I have tried just about everything you can think of doing. I was especially impressed with McKenna's explanation of the impact of serotonin and dopamine and hyper-vigilance. I was abused as a child and went on to a very stressful adult life. I now feel help is at hand.

The only thing I would add is that whilst I was waiting for my book to arrive I re-played my cd from McKenna's book "Change Your Life in 7 Days" as I thought it would be a good foundation for this change. I will blog again in March/April to let people know if I have been successful with the hypnotic gastric band. I believe I will!

4.0 out of 5 stars think yourself thin- impossible? !!!!!, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
think yourself thin, I was sure this was a con but to my surprise it works amazingly well I lost one and a half stones in 6 weeks and I was not dieting just changing the way I eat. it stopped me eating in between meals, and it learns you when to eat and when to stop, it is fantastic. no more dieting ever.

‹ Previous | 1 2 369 | Next ›

The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD) by Paul McKenna (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2013)