5.0 out of 5 stars For Us Big Kids
Published 18 months ago by atticusfinch1048

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad
The overall quality of the book was not quite what I was expecting - not the heavyweight and glossy quality of paper I thought it would be. Still pretty good value though.
Published 16 months ago by Malcolm D

5.0 out of 5 stars For Us Big Kids, 12 Jun 2013
atticusfinch1048 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
Ok hands up - but who wanted to be a pilot when they were a kid??? Come on guys there was not just me! Admittedly I went as far as being a plane spotter collecting all their registration numbers with my Civil Aviation Marking book underlining them as I saw them. Age and sense hits you and you realise you will never be the top gun and standing at an airport to collect aircraft regs passes and you would rather be in the departures lounge heading to the beach.

Looking enviously at the aircraft still does not go away, wishing you were better at maths and sciences remain - oh what could have been! All those snippets of information, you used to collect, and memorise, but have now forgotten mainly through age. Worry no longer the book is here - The Big Book of Flight is here for all us old anoraks and those people who just love aircraft.

This is a wonderfully illustrated book with histories of aircraft, some of the famous fliers. The book is worth it just for the illustrations and guides alone everything else is just an added bonus. You even learn that Flat Rock Scorpions have been sent in to space - why? I do not know but it is a fun snippet of information for a trivia quiz.

This is a wonderful book for anyone with an interest in flying or even for the general reader, I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Book Of Flight, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
This is a great book, one that I shall really enjoy getting into. I love all the clever illustrations and it is jam-packed full of information, everything I need to know about air flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, 10 Sep 2013
J. Falk - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
A great book that reminds me of my love of aviation as a child and still continues with this book by Rowland White.

Not only historical but a lot of new information is here. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
This is a great book which you can dip in and out of. However, it is hard to put down, fun and informative for all ages. Pages are well laid out and illustrated with some interesting photos/sketches. A great present!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Gold stars for a great 'dip into' book., 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
Bought as a present for someone else but one I would like to read myself. Full of interesting stories and facts. Great for all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big book if flight, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
Nicely presented book. Good quality. I bought this book as a gift. Only draw back was the recipient described it as "an easy read" not going into great detail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable flights of fact and fancy!, 4 Aug 2014
Dr. A. B. Thomas "Alan Thomas" (Warrington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Paperback)
Anyone with even a passing interest in aircraft and flying (such as myself) should enjoy this book. It is really a compendium of aviation related items - short essays, profiles of aircraft that never made it off the drawing board, full-colour portraits of the world's great aeroplanes, and quirky lists of films, fictional flyers, and even flight-inspired music - and is perfect for casual dipping and browsing. I enjoyed reading it and learned a great deal along the way. A pity that inadequate editing has left a few typos uncorrected. But for that it would have been a five-star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
Full of information and facts some of which I didn't know, In fact a lot.

Well worth buying and plonking on the coffee table.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reference, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
I chose this rating as I have glanced through it and I bought it as a reference book to help me understand flight better,and it is to hand when required.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommendable, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Flight (Hardcover)
This book contains a lot of information, interesting stories and facts and a whole bunch of wonderful illustrations.
Great thing especially for someone interested in aviation.

The Big Book of Flight
The Big Book of Flight by Rowland White (Hardcover - 23 May 2013)
Used & New from: £1.50