5.0 out of 5 stars A Wedding Night you'll never forget!
Published 12 months ago by Leah Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
I found this to be a drawn out, predictable story. Plot was dull. It went nowhere. It lacked the normal Kinsella humour. A part of my life I will never get back.
Published 2 months ago by Miss N. McCarthy

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 26 Jan 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wedding Night (Kindle Edition)
I found that this book was disappointing.
I am a Sophie Kinsella fan but I found this book lacked her normal humour and was just a bit....odd.
First time considered not finishing one of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wedding Night you'll never forget!, 23 April 2013
Leah Graham (Tenerife) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
Wedding Night is the first Kinsella novel to split the narration. Instead of just being from the point of view of one character as with the rest of her novels, Wedding Night is told from the viewpoint of two sisters, Fliss and Lottie. Lottie thought she had found the man of her dreams and is convinced he's about to propose, and when he doesn't, she realises he doesn't want what she wants and they break up. When old flame Ben comes back into Lottie's life and reminds them of their pact to get married if they were both still un-wed at 30 (or 33!), Lottie jumps at the chance. Her sister, Fliss, however, couldn't think of anything more horrific. Marrying someone you haven't seen for 15 years? She knows what Lottie is like after a break-up and suspects this is Lottie's mad-cap reaction to the break-up and will stop at nothing to stop this wedding going ahead, knowing first hand what divorce is like and how awful it can be. When Lottie and Ben head off on honeymoon, Fliss isn't far behind, but can she stop Lottie and Ben before they make the biggest mistake of their life or is Fliss about to make the biggest mistake of her life in chasing them down?

I absolutely loved Wedding Night! The dual narration was awesome at letting us follow each sister, as Lottie and Ben try to consummate their marriage and as Fliss does everything in her power to stop that happening, whilst chasing them down to their Greek honeymoon in Ikonos. I found myself alternatively rooting for Lottie and rooting for Fliss, but mostly, I was rooting for Fliss if only because her ways of stopping Lottie were inventive, and that's being mild! What Lottie and Ben go through in Ikonos seems as if it's come straight out of a Carry On film and it was brilliant. Utterly brilliant. I was totally ensconced in the book and I didn't want it to ever end. Kinsella's plots are always so much more than most Chick Lit novels and this is one of her most inventive yet. She must have had such fun plotting what Fliss would do to stop Lottie and Ben, she must have had a cat on her lap as she did it and kept laughing evilly! Honestly, it was mad-cap but it was so, so good.

The characters were ace. I was never truly convinced about Ben, he seemed to have some hidden, sneaky depths and I never felt we got to see the true Ben. Lottie and Fliss were fabulous, I loved Fliss, even if her methods were unorthodox. One character I did absolutely adore was Lorcan! Lorcan was ace. I adored him. Wedding Night is just totally Kinsella. I just adored it. It had me chuckling on numerous occasions, as only Kinsella is capable of doing. This book will be a hit and rightly so. I absolutely loved it and I'm looking forward to the time when I'll read it again. I'm so sad it's over, so sad I'll probably have to wait another year for a new Kinsella, that's the thing, I always want to savour Kinsella books because once you've read it, that's it! You can't read it again for the first time, sadly. I loved Wedding Night and you will, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars easy read, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Kindle Edition)
A good story which did make me laugh out loud in places. It was easy to get into and I enjoyed the storyline and although it's not exactly realistic it was entertaining. I did feel something was missing this time though as it wasn't as good as Sophie Kinsellas other books but it was a nice read for the bank holiday weekend and the short chapters made it easy to pick up and put down. Would recommend and probably will re-read it sometime.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all Kinsella fans!, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
I brought this book to read on a recent holiday, and I loved it.

As usual with Sophie Kinsella's books, Wedding night is a laugh out loud book. I did get a couple of weird glances from my friends by the pool during one particular scene in the first chapter where things don't exactly go according to Lottie's' plans!

I have read some reviews from people that think Lottie is like Becky from the Shopaholic series (these will always be my favourite of Sophie Kinsella's books), and while I can see the similarities, I think she writes these characters brilliantly. I found Lottie hilarious, and cringed at her embarrassing moments (of which there are a few!)

It was the perfect holiday read and a must read for all Sophie Kinsella fans. I passed it onto my friend who had never heard of her before, and she is now working her way through the rest of the books!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Book!!, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
I've been a massive Sophie Kinsella fan for years & have read all the books she has written & loved them all but this book is just awful!! Really silly characters & terrible plot line. This book actually seems very childish. The main characters Lottie & Fliss are not likeable at all, both seem very desperate. This book makes women look so needy that it annoyed me. I think Sophie Kinsella really lost her magic while writing this. Hope the next book is better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Outlandish, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
I have always been an avid Kinsella fan and as soon as her books come out I order them. This book has been a big disappointment. I found the characters ridiculous as well as the circumstances - too outlandish to be credible. The main character Lottie seems like an airhead with no brain at all. The other characters (her sister, Richard and especially Ben) are totally ridiculous. The ending is quite predictable (in fact I went "duh.." at the end) and I had to plough through the book to finish it. I hope Kinsella goes back to writing brilliantly, or at least comes up with some credible plots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Kindle Edition)
I found this book quite disappointing. I didn't really like the characters, I found them to be quite cringe worthy and unrealistic. The plot was too far fetched and I felt myself skipping pages to get to the more interesting bits. To be honest I found it a bit of a chore to read.
I used to be a Sophie Kinsella fan, but not so much anymore.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
This is the first review I have ever left and therefore a mark of my extreme disappointment as a hard core Sophie Kinsella fan. A boring, predictable story which is trying to be something it is not (err.....the Shopaholic books). Sophie has truly lost her form and this is far from the standard of Twenties Girl. Even my mum gave up after two chapters!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disapointed, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
I'm one of Sophie Kinsella's biggest fans, and have read every single book she wrote as Sophie Kinsella and as Madeleine Wickham and devoured them all. Exept this one.
I found myself getting bored not even half way through and gave up on the book.
Not a good read by the autor who wrote two of my favourite books, Can you keep a secret? and Undomestic Goddess.

Will see what your next book is like.

ARRAY(0xb341d1ec)

Wedding Night
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella (Hardcover - 25 April 2013)
Used & New from: 2.21