5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Hooked!
I discovered Andy McNab and his Nick Stone books last year, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I have now met Tom Buckingham and am just as hooked. With a great characters, a plot with plenty of twists and turns, and lots of action to keep the reader enthralled. I found this book extremely entertaining. Thank you Andy McNab. Please don't ever stop writing!
Published 10 months ago by Naomi

3.0 out of 5 stars a slow burner
This book is a very slow burner. The build up to the story is not as action packed as other McNab books.
The story is ok but it doesn't connect with the first Tom Buckingham book. Leaving a lot of lose ends unexplained from the first book.
Was hoping for more SAS adventures/ missions and not spy stories, as they are already covered in the Nick Stone books...
Published 10 months ago by p j riches

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Ummmhhh - just about OK, 5 Mar. 2015
This is not McNab's work but that of a ghost writer for sure, the letter writing after chapel on Sunday was a big giveaway, obviously someone from a Preparatory School background; not Andy that's for certain. Anyway not a bad storyline and a good plot but it loses the thread and either there was some savage editing or it just wasn't put together very well, which is definitely not McNab. I liked the first TB book but this one left me feeling deflated and the ending sets itself up for more Buckingham adventures which I won't be rushing to buy. Will the real Andy McNab please stand up and get back to some full on Nick Stone problem solving.

2.0 out of 5 stars Am a massive fan of the Nick Stone series but didn't enjoy as much, 15 Oct. 2014
I am a massive fan of the Nick Stone series and wasn't so keen on the 1st Tom Buckingham book but took the plunge on this one.

This book is ok. I'm not sure it's an Andy McNab book though? You get 2/3 through the book and realise not much has actually happened in terms of excitement and action. The last third is not that much an improvement. Nothing that fascinating or new to learn here like I feel you get the series of Nick Stone I enjoy either.

Ghost writers are out there, I hope that's not the route this series is going down, but your typical Nick Stone/Andy McNab book it's not for me and just doesn't read like one, hopefully I'm wrong on that.

Sorry. But a bit of a let down really. In future I will stick with the Nick Stone series from the author (new book out in that series soon! :) ).

5.0 out of 5 stars he does it again, 4 Sept. 2014
Another awesome book from Mcnab. The 1st Buckinham book was amazing and the follow up was no let down. It was worryingly accurate with the goings on today and I just hope there are lots of Tom Buckingham's looking after us and the pricks that put our safety behind their own political careers are the ones that get blown up by these scum bags.

The section about Sam wasn't as strong for me, but it like all the military and SAS stuff, so a normal immigrant was just a necessary evil for the story. I've just finished this obviously, and I've gone straight onto Amazon to order another book by Mcnab.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Fortress: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 2) (Hardcover)
Slightly disappointed with this offering from Andy McNab. Having read a couple of his other books I was hoping for some more of the same 'edge of the seat' stuff and this just didn't hit the spot. It was one of those books that I nearly gave up on three-quarters of the way through but I persevered to the end (but it was a struggle). Had to put my finger on why it didn't work, except perhaps to say that the story just didn't come to life like some of his other works did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Fortress: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 2) (Hardcover)
Very difficult to follow the plot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow burner, 31 Aug. 2014
After having read and enjoyed most of McNabs books I found this one to be a bit of a chore to read , there is a massive build up that rely doesn't amount to much exciting action and having worked out pretty much what was going to happen at the end there wasn't to much to keep me interested. Tom Buckingham is a great character and I hope in the next book he features in is more of the gripping read I have come to expect from McNab.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 3 Aug. 2014
This is certainly no Nick Stone novel. There is less of the outright violence, more of a thought provoking thriller. The premiss of the book is very interesting and thought provoking. Timely in the current melting pot of the UK. If you like Andy McNab's books this one will not disappoint. The only thing that let it down for me was then ending.................how long do we have to wait for the follow up?

5.0 out of 5 stars McNab does it again, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Fortress: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 2) (Hardcover)
Not finished it yet but up to his usual standard and I am looking forward to his next Nick Stone later on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fortress Indeed., 16 Mar. 2015
Whilst I've always considered the Nick Stone character as Andy McNab's ultimate creation in true post SAS Circuit activity, I'm otherwise experiencing extreme difficulty with the Tom Buckingham character. Mind you, Andy McNab could write a tome about cheese atoms if he so chooses...and I'd still read it as, well, it's written by Andy. He can do no wrong in my mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern and very up to date., 23 Mar. 2015
Andy has written a brilliant novel which is a worst case modern scenario between Enoch Powell's river of blood speech and radicalisation of our largely peaceful Muslim population which could kick of big style. This is a very dry tinder which,God forbid,
Will no be lit.
Andy. I'm a former Bootneck and just like you as a para, proud of It.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Fortress: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 2)
Fortress: (Tom Buckingham Thriller 2) by Andy McNab (Hardcover - 22 May 2014)