4.0 out of 5 stars Bake me a pie
Martha Stewart has filled a book with luscious pictures of pies and tarts. There are classic pies, free-form, creamy and chiffon, rustic and layered, mini pies, and ones for the holidays and savory pies. There are pictures for each and a very few illustrations for techniques such as pressing in the dough. It would have been an added bonus if there would have been more of...
Published on 12 May 2011 by wogan

2.0 out of 5 stars An american book
Got this at christmas. It is a lovely looking book with super pictures of each recipe. Unfortunately it's an american book complete with american weight measurements and a few american ingredients i have never heard of before. such as cornstarch. How do you measure 2/3 a cup of margarine and what size cup is standard?
Published on 11 Jan 2012 by lazybones

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 15 May 2011
Eleni "E.D." (Athens = Greece) - See all my reviews
I adore Martha's books but this one was not as perfect as others. In fact I made a stawberry tart for a dinner desert. Total disappointment and I think it was not my fault. I cook tarts many years now so I am experienced enough. Also, some other recipies I tried were so and so.

Anyway, this is a tart handbook as it has many secrets for tart successes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another fab book!, 4 May 2011
Martha, Martha, Martha.......where would we be without you? I have the other books in this range e.g cookies and the cupcakes. All very good books and well worth buying. The only downside I found with this book is that it was not obviously written by Martha herself because there are several descriptions on the pies stating that this is "Martha's favourite" pie etc....that's the only disappointing thing about it but it still deserves 5 stars for the content.

Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts
Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts by Martha Stewart (Paperback - 2 Feb 2012)
13.59