1.0 out of 5 stars Did not enjoy, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Devil Delivered and Other Tales (Hardcover)
I am a big fan of SE's Malazan series, and thought I would give this a go, since I like his writing. That was however a mistake; 2 of the 3 stories were very strange and I did not particularly enjoy them. The first of the three was OK, with glimpses of SE that I would recognise, but still very different to his Malazan writings in content and style.
I knew this was modern fiction, rather than epic fantasy, but still did not enjoy it, or find much to connect with in the stories.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but not what I was hoping for, 7 Oct 2013
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
To be honest here I do love Steven's Malazan series but at times I feel that jumping genre to write something different isn't perhaps the best thing an author can do when they're writing under the same name. Here I feel this book will sell more because of an established fanbase rather than because the writing is outstanding in its own right.

That's not to say that the stories within aren't interesting. They are, but when compared to a lot of other fiction that there is out there its one that really fits into the background without shoving its way to the fore to stand on its own two feet. All round, I suspect if you're a fan you'll buy it regardless however that said, I'd perhaps suggest borrowing it from the library first to see if it fulfils what you want rather than jumping straight in with both feet.

The Devil Delivered and Other Tales
The Devil Delivered and Other Tales by Steven Erikson (Hardcover - 26 Sep 2013)
13.59