5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely cook book
Ina knows how to cook and how to make it simple.
Everything thing is chic and tastes great.
Not hard to follow and you can find the perfect dinner party meal or just a simple meal for 2.
The most simple of cooks can follow and cook up the most flavour full and classy meals.
Here is a one thing for all of those that are into low fat cooking.... this...
Published on 14 April 2011 by Ms.Diamond

3.0 out of 5 stars Book itself is good, however...
I'm huge fun of Ina and I was super excited when I bought this book. Book came today and my excitement moved to disappointment. Book itself looks good - has lovely and easy looking recipes I say looking as I haven't had a chance to try them yet ), beautiful pictures and handy (for some at least) tips, however I'm gutted as I don't operate on US measurements what so ever...
Published on 4 Nov. 2011 by Cheekynati

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely cook book, 14 April 2011
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
Ina knows how to cook and how to make it simple.
Everything thing is chic and tastes great.
Here is a one thing for all of those that are into low fat cooking.... this book is still for you but Ina does swear by butter, (yes REAL butter).
My one tip would be make it using the original ingredients to get an idea of the taste, how it cooks and looks etc then make it again with your own substitutes to make sure it works.
I love to make her French bark, so simple to do, you can do it with the litte'uns.
Again you can happily change some things, ie white chocolate for normal milk chocolate.
She gives you the base and allows you the freedom to play around with it.
Many cooks book don't and I find that boring..
She is American and uses cup sizes fear not, it does have the conversions.. please note though you can buy cups on Amazon too. Very handed as it will speed up prep time. I brought my cups that also have spoon sizes and Floz for just £1.
This is my 3rd book for Ina and as you can tell I swear by her, never had a duff meal. I would call myself a keen beginner cook.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Regarding adverse comments about I.G.'s recipes, 24 Aug. 2012
Regarding adverse comments about I.G.'s recipes - "Bad" fats, salt, Mrs Garten's size, etcetera - Does the book say anywhere that you should be cooking like Ina every day? Don't you think we should use a little common sense?

In fact her "kosher salt" is more like our coarse sea salt than what is sold in this country as "table" salt. The crystals are larger and there are no additives so it produces a less salty effect than table salt which I would never use for cooking (or on my chips, either!)

And as regards the use of butter - do you know what goes into so-called good for you butter substitutes?

As for Mrs Garten's size - there's a very old saying - "Never trust a thin cook".

Having cut my cooking teeth on Elizabeth David and Jane Grigson I have fallen in love with Mrs Garten's books. Her recipes are quick and easy without being aimed at the simpleton and her use of "convenience" ingredients is carefully thought out.

The food is yummy too!

5.0 out of 5 stars it really is that easy, 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
I know it is a phrase which is often banded about, especially in the cookery world but for once i think it is justified. Within 2 days of this book arriving I had used it 3 times and each recipe has turned out perfectly. I have got to make a special note of the chocolate cream pie (created using digestives instead of Graham crackers), it was a sensational hit with everyone.

Another thing of note, especially for UK cooks, is the handy conversion at the front for those trickier to use measurements such a stick of butter.

4.0 out of 5 stars How Easy Is That?, 27 April 2011
P. Weaver - See all my reviews
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
I have 4 Ina Garten books so far and although this one is really good it is probably my least favourite of the 4 - recipes probably just not to my taste as much as the others. Would still recommend though as she writes as though she was talking to her best friends - great for fans of her tv series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Cook Book, 12 July 2011
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
This cook book is great, it covers a large range of food recipes. This book is perfert for someone who likes to prepare simple but delicious food. One of my favourite's is the "Red Velvet Cupcakes" and "The Red Velvet Frosting" that accompanies it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really does look easy!, 12 Mar. 2011
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
First - not actually about the content of the book, I must say that the front bottom corner of the cover of this hardback was a bit ruched up and snubbed which I take it is due to the way Amazon pack their books - not the first I have received damaged from you and I do expect a 'new' book to look 'new'.

To the book itself: This is the first of Ina Garten's books I have purchased. As there is no opportunity for you to 'look inside' this book online and I don't usually buy a book 'unseen', I will say that it is divided into sections of Cocktails, starters, lunch, dinner, vegetables and desserts. Whilst there wouldn't be room to list all the recipes here but in an effort to give you some idea whether they may be things you think you will like, there are recipies for 'tuna & hummus sandwich' 'ultimate grilled cheese' (toasted cheese sandwich to you and me) 'tarragon potato salad', 'roasted vegetable frittata', 'lobster and shells', 'lemon chicken breasts' (which I will be making), 'chicken with shallots', 'greek lamb with yoghurt mint sauce', 'roasted shrimp with feta', 'roasted salmon with green herbs', 'garlic roasted cauliflower', 'chocolate pudding cream tart', 'strawberry rhubarb crisp', 'italian plum tart', and 'rum raisin tiramisu'. I hope that has whetted your appetite! The recipes look clear and not too difficult or overly 'cheffy' so you won't feel put off having a go at making things, and if you are a lover of Ina's programmes and her friendly easy style you will probably like this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars How Easy Is That??, 12 Jun. 2013
A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
I love The Barefoot Contessa and her recipes are always reliable and delicious. I looked on the Barefoot Contessa website, where they list all of the books and every recipe in each one, and decided to start off with this one, as it had lots of my favourites in. I have been delighted with the book. The photos are beautiful, the recipes are easy to follow and well laid out, and everything is designed to make stunning food as simply as possible. A good selection of sweet and savoury recipes. The measurements of ingredients are in US (cup) measures, but they are simple enough to figure out. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again a winner, 8 April 2011
Mrs. Diane Sporle "Diane" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
I am a great Ina fan, I have tried lots of her recipes and never had a failure. The recipes in this book are superb especially the walnut and stilton crackers, always a wow with however eats them.
One point I would like to make is that the amounts are somewhat big so sometimes I half the amounts, other than that keep those books coming Ina!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The American Delia, 18 April 2014
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
I know I can trust any Delia Smith recipe, first time right. Well Ina Garten is the American version. Every one of her recipes I have tried, has come out beautifully first time around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ina Garten, 18 May 2012
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
My first Ina garten cookbook and most certainly will not be my last.
Her lovely easy style that you see on television is definitely evident in her book.
Great recipes, servings very generous, however if you don't want to eat all that the recipe makes - there is always leftovers for the next day!!
Looking forward to purchasing more books from her to join my cookerybook library. In fact I'm considering giving some other cookbooks to a charity shop to make room for more of Ina's!

How Easy Is That?
How Easy Is That? by Ina Garten (Hardcover - 3 Mar. 2011)