5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Kingdoms, West Country Tales
I am 80 yrs old, this is my life except my area is The New Forest and Cranbourne Chase. Johnny Kingdom is a master, I enjoy all of his work. We did not know how lucky we were in the era we grew up in. We had very little, but what we had was pure gold, time and friends.
Published on 13 Jun. 2011 by sawway

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the publisher
The stories are good enough, but the publisher has let Johnny down by failing to edit properly. For example, on one page Barnstaple is mis-spelt with a "b" instead of a "p", then spelt correctly just a few lines below. Elsewhere, Johnny speaks of the death of a certain woman, and of his responsibility for digging her grave, but then immediately goes on to refer to the...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. RP VAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Kingdoms, West Country Tales, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Johnny Kingdom's West Country Tales (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny the tale teller, 2 Mar. 2013
I added this Kingdom book to library as Johnny's other books are so difficult to put down. (His video's are among my most played). This book works well on short bus trips and as a 10 min. read before lights-out. Well done again Johnny Kingdom for weaving wonderful words into your West country sagas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny kingdom's west country tales, 31 Oct. 2013
What a wonderful read. After visiting Exmoor for over 40 years, and now counting as friends many local people I know the love Johnny has for the area , it's magical! I knew some tales, but have heard many variations of them. Can't wait for more tales of the West Country.

5.0 out of 5 stars he is passionate about the flora & fauna as well as funny in telling a tale, 26 Dec. 2014
This is a first rate entertaining read, not only is it steeped in country lore but the author is just as knowledgeable in nature, he is passionate about the flora & fauna as well as funny in telling a tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book for Exmoor lovers, 8 May 2014
Good tales about the Exmoor and the surrounding areas. Johnny Kingdom's down to earth pleasant manner shines through, recommended light hearted read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny kingdoms West country tales, 17 Mar. 2013
Good stories from Johnny kingdom iam enjoying every chapter of this book. It's a good read for any age and i would recommend it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jun. 2014
Although this was bought as a gift, started browsing and kept it for myself!! Lovely read, Johnnys personality shines through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 31 July 2013
Mrs. A. Warcup (England) - See all my reviews
This book was the second part of my order. Although it is used, the quality is excellent with very little signs of wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is worth more then five I like the whole book every one who, 4 Feb. 2013
Should read if you like county tales I have read all his books and they are all very good books

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
S. J. Latyszonek "sarah" (England) - See all my reviews
What a lovely book, and told by such an interesting man, could listen to him for hours!

Johnny Kingdom's West Country Tales
Johnny Kingdom's West Country Tales by Johnny Kingdom (Hardcover - 12 May 2011)