5.0 out of 5 stars ANNIE VALENTINE TRIUMPHS AGAIN!!
I received my copy on Friday and here it is Sunday morning and I've finished it!

Published on 4 April 2010 by Louizalass

3.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and warm
Published on 25 Oct. 2010 by Louise

3.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted and warm, 25 Oct. 2010
Louise (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This book was bought for me as a birthday gift, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Carmen Reid has a lovely style of writing which is very warm and light hearted, and the lead character Annie, despite having what seems like a wonderful (if hectic) life is a very likeable and non-spoilt character. The book is totally frivolous, but still manages to touch on issues such as serious illness and mourning as well as taking a look at family life too. This is the ideal sort of book to take on holiday as it's no too deep and it is fun. I particularly liked the way the outfit of the lead character in each chapter was disected at the beginning, very daily fashion blog I thought. Definitely a pleasing, warm and fuzzy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANNIE VALENTINE TRIUMPHS AGAIN!!, 4 April 2010
This review is from: Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4) (Hardcover)

Annie 'babes' Valentine is as much fun as ever even though we don't really get to see her very much in personal shopper mode at all. I must confess I did like those touches in the previous books because I always felt as if I learned something about clothes and style! But I suppose it wouldn't be very interesting to have Annie permanently giving us dressing tips, would it?

But even though she has left The Store far behind and even her ebay trading (I missed that too!) the story is still full of fun and games with Svletlana and Elena her daughter when Annie gets involved in their business venture concerning 'The Perfect Dress'. Near-disaster in Paris shows us that Annie hasn't lost her initiative for making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Now Annie has baby twins, Minnie & Mickie and her lovely partner Ed has taken extended paternity leave to look after them at home so that Annie can do her TV programme. I love Ed! Why aren't there more men like him?!

The story is fun and a real page-turner. Annie and Svletlana go on a sponsored charity hill walk in Scotland, wearing killer heels. It may not go totally according to plan nor be quite as easy as they thought it would be but the outcome is in true Annie Valentine fashion!

I love Annie Valentine and I do hope this isn't the last in the series. Actually, Svletlana turned out to be quite a surprisingly tough bird and I'm convinced she's strong enough for her own series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Babes...it's a darlin' book., 13 Mar. 2010
S. A. Bollongino "Bookaholic" (Berlin, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4) (Hardcover)
Another wonderful book from Carmen Reid to make you laugh, cry, shout and think about all life has on offer.

Annie Valentine is a great character and I have loved all the books in the series but this one is very special indeed.

As Annie herself would say: "buy this babes, it's an investment piece".

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great to see Annie back, 27 May 2011
Thinker - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was pleased to see Annie back after reading the other books in the series, starting with 'The personal shopper' for those new to the series. This 4th book was no let down, i wondered if the series could be as good 4 books in but is!
Annie is back and this time sees her with cute twin babies, looked after by live in boyfriend Ed, while Annie is making her tv show and worrying over how long her tv career may last. This story takes Annie to a big fashion show and lets us enjoy the wonderful characters of Svetlana and Elena again. Annie also tries to raise money for charity by walking a dangerous walk in heels, not sure how likely she would have been to do this given her first husband died rambling and slipping, it reminded me of shopaholic and sister when Becky was on the ramble. Never the less I loved the book and can't wait for the next, there are not many celebs in it considering the title though! still a 5 star book to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paris, Annie style, 11 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4) (Hardcover)
This is the second Annie Valentine I've read, and I couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again. Even when she hits the big-time, she remains as down-to-earth (and curvy) as ever.

Svetlana has to be my favourite character of all, and when her long-lost, supermodel-gorgeous and ambitious daughter turns up, things start to get even more exciting on the fashion front. But when disaster strikes their fashion show in Paris, it's Annie who saves the day with her inspired improvisation. I won't reveal just how the show goes out with a bang - but it really is worth reading to find out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Celebrity Shopper, 7 Sept. 2010
Ms. Nicola L. Riley "Nikki Lala" (lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4) (Hardcover)
I loved this book along with all the others in the set. They are funny and kept me reading for days. Definatley a chick lit!

4.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER GOOD ANNIE VALENTINE READ, 11 Dec. 2011
thea1710@aol.com (Tredegar, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This was another adventure with Annie Valentine which starts when her twins are 8 months old and she is nearing the end of her second TV series of "how not to shop". She and Ed are still not married, the house is in a chaos of building work, her daughter Lana has exams and her son is growing up in to a budding entrepreneur - with some disasterous results!!!ED is also turning into an over protective new dad.
With all this going on, plus the antics of her friend Svetlana and daughter Elena it makes for a fast paced amusing look at fashion and the media.
There is, however, a lack of the "celebrities " mentioned in the title - I expected celebrity shopping make-overs by ANNIE - and I would have liked some more style advice for the characters.(with life changing results) The worst flaw, I felt, was in naming the babies "Mickey and Minnie" - not even a character like Annie , and definately not one like Ed, would do that! Throughout the book I cringed every time their names were mentioned!
Annies "voice" is also beginning to grate. When heard, - with the slang,"Babes"etc, - it becomes a little annoying and does not fit with the characters persona and written thoughts.
Apart from these few niggles I thoroughly enjoyed the book - especially the various hilarious scenes such as the Fashion Show!
If you like fashion and chick lit, you will certainly enjoy this book. I have just started the next in the series - New York Valentine and hope it will be just as good if not better.

4.0 out of 5 stars annie does it again!!!, 10 Nov. 2011
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
annie is doing it all tv series, new born twins, helping with her mum and still doing her dodgy side deals!!! this time she gets involved in investing in svetlana's new business and this takes her to fashion week in paris which is the funniest thing ive read in a long time! also her long lost dad pops back in her life, she doesnt know how to forget the past. did find the hill walking in heels a bit silly but it did make a nice ending for the book. wonder where annie will go next? new york?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 28 Nov. 2012
I love the Carman Reid books, especially Annie Valentine, I get taken into the AV world of fashion. I hope she continues to write more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 10 Aug. 2010
E. Buckley (Windsor) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4) (Hardcover)
SUCH a fun read! I loved this book, read it really quickly - perfect holiday reading. I hope there'll be another Annie Valentine novel!

Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4)
Celebrity Shopper: (Annie Valentine Book 4) by Carmen Reid (Hardcover - 4 Mar. 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01