5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Paul Mckenna!! :)
I'm a big fan of Paul McKenna....I've got most of his books and I find the hypnosis CDs that come with the books really do work (especially Change Your Life in 7 Days, which really lifted me out of a dark place).

Published 10 months ago by mint tea

3.0 out of 5 stars You need commitment for this
You have to have time and commitment to follow this system and some of the programmes you have to follow look a bit 'NEW FANGLED' but i can see how this could make a difference for some people. I haven't been able to give it my full attention yet as you need some undisturbed times every day to implement it at first which can be hard to find.
Published 2 months ago by Jacks Parrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Paul Mckenna!! :), 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)

I've had a problem with emotional eating since I was a teenager, which developed into a full blown eating disorder, due to strict dieting...so I totally agree with Paul that diets make things worse...you tell yourself you 'shouldn't' eat 'forbidden' foods and before you know it you find yourself binging on those foods..surprise, surprise!! (I guess it's the basic law of physics 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction').

After reading a book on overeating in my twenties I managed to get myself out of the binge/diet/excessive exercise cycle that had taken over my life & was making me very miserable & ill.
I stopped weighing myself, ate what I wanted when I was physically hungry, was kind to myself & over a year returned to my normal weight.
BUT...& I didn't like to admit it, over the years since, like an addict, I was still tending to turn a bit to food around my emotional up and downs, especially in the last few years, gradually gaining (I'm guessing looking at photos) a fair amount of weight.

I noticed this book 2 weeks ago & ordered it straight away, thinking this could be answer to my prayers.
I've been listening to the CD before bed and I can't believe how disinterested in food I am!! I only think of food when I'm genuinely hungry and I am not bothered apart from that, but I'm feeling absolutely fine...I'm just not getting as upset about day to day problems, feel better in myself and not once have I felt the need to reach for food to 'sooth' myself.
ALSO!..I am far more active...not fanatical exercising..just really keen to do housework (!), go for a walk..any chance to just move around more.

I will not be stopping using this CD!! The book is so interesting too and I'm looking forward to using the 'havening' technique.

My clothes already feel a bit looser, I'm really sure I'll get back to my normal weight and without any suffering & continue to feel better mentally.

Can't thank Paul enough for sharing his knowledge :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
I have never written a review on a book before but I feel I had to write something about this one. This latest book by Paul Mckenna is in my opinion one of his best yet. I thought if I'm honest that this would basically be a re hash of his other books just to throw another book out for the new year, but happily I am wrong. This is one of the most thorough books that Paul has ever written. The havening DVD that comes with it has been simplified from the havening technique in his hypnotic gastric band book and is incredible in its effectiveness and ability to calm the mind. The book is full of information and simple techniques to help to understand and remove the need to emotionally eat. This to me is the final piece in the puzzle that many people may need to make Paul's system incredibly effective. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars It has changed my life in more ways than one., 27 Sep 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
This book has seriously changed my approach to food. Moreover, I would say it has also changed (subtly and positively) my approach to life. I feel so much happier (and I thought I was quite an optimist already.) I am more productive and I procrastinate less! :)
I have tried 'I Can Make You Thin' a few years ago and, bizarrely, stopped using it....because it worked. Go figure! I now understand it was because I was emotional over eating and I was self sabotaging.
I feel free, like I did when I was a girl and young teenager and could eat anything and simply listened to my body. I now don't stress about what I'm eating, or whether I'm hungry or not, or when I'll eat next, or what's in the cupboards....I'm much more relaxed.
In the last six years I have been with a famous slimming club, with much success. Getting to goal, but then slowly putting on some of the weight, then taking it off again. A yo-yo effect that I was sick and tired of.
And the acid test is this. I have lost nearly 8lbs in the one month I've been listening to Paul's DVD and CD and reading his book. I urge you. Just try it, you don't have to believe it. You don't have to listen to it every day after the first week to maintain it.
You have nothing to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars However you come across this book.......just buy it!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
A prompt for this book came up when I was browsing other self help books on Amazon and as a lifelong emotional eater , I thought to myself ' what have I got to lose?'. Well that was the beginning of February.....I read the book right through and did everything as was suggested......three months later I have lost nearly 2 stone and dropped 2 dress sizes!! This book ( plus cd and DVD) works!! I still listen to the cd regularly and it's so relaxing!

Like other readers, this is a first time ever review for me.....but I thought I must share my experience and let people know this really works!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the time and effort! Especially if you're at your wits end with trying to lose weight., 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
Having gained steadily over the past few years due to health and emotional problems, I was at my wits end having tried slimming clubs, etc., and not staying the course. This book really gets to the mental aspects of overeating, which are so important but can be difficult to tackle. The book is an easy read, full of common sense and strategies for tackling emotional eating. I followed the instructions as written, including following the dvd technique and listening to the cd and I have to say it has really made a difference in my outlook, demeanour, ability to resist sweet/stodgy things (always my downfall) and general mental attitude. I feel much clearer, calmer, more centered and happier since following the programme. And the weight is coming off too! I can't recommend it highly enough, but you must commit the time and effort to following the instructions and approach it with an open mind. I wish I'd read something like this years ago. The common sense in the book is things we know really, but when you're in the grip of swinging emotions common sense goes out the window. This helps put that imbalance right. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose!

5.0 out of 5 stars His best book yet, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
I got this for my wife, she's a big fan of McKenna. He cured her of her 10 chocolate milkshakes a day habit at one of his seminars. She comfort eats big time. Now she normally reads his books in an hour, but this one she's taking her time over, only half way in the 4 days that we've had the book.

And in those for days she's lost 5lbs in weight. She's not constantly picking at food, and eating when she doesn't like how she feels.

She did have one weak moment, I don't want you to think it's all plain sailing.

She had a conversation with a client who was okay, but my wife interpreted it as she was unhappy. She went and ate a banana and dealt with the issue. Normally it would have been two Terry's chocolate orange, a cheese and ham toastie and a tube of pringles before she dealt with things.

I can only hope that she continues with this book and CD as it's making an impact already.

3.0 out of 5 stars You need commitment for this, 25 Sep 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I could kiss Paul, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
This is my 2nd Paul McKenna book, I bought the gastric band one, although I found that really helpful I didn't stick to the principle or listen to the CD enough.

Now this one is right up my street cos I reach for anything and everything when bored, stressed, upset, down etc!! I purchased for £6 bargain!! I haven't finished all the book yet, and have only done the havening technique once, but I have used the trance 4 times and it seems to have changed my way of thinking and not just about food, and had also brought to the forfront some emotions from the past that I have been suppressing.

First couple of times I tried too hard with the trance I think, last night I fell asleep while listening to it and was brought awake when Paul told me to, turned it off had the best deepest sleep ever.

I feel happier than I have for a long time, and I'm hoping that I will get to my ideal weight and stay there this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul got my life back !, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
I have struggled with emotional eating since I was 17. Years and years, it began to be unbearable to copy with the vicious cycle, I would eat,cry and look at the scales disappointed. I decided to put a stop this disgusting cycle.
I lost 4 pounds in less than 2 weeks and I didn't even try to diet !!! It is not only the pounds falling off but I feel overall happier and calmer.I no longer craved food like I use too, I could survive without snacking all day and binge eating at night.Food is no longer my enemy, I can enjoy food and have control of it at the same time.

Please note - You must read the book, follow his CD and DVD(don't think you can cheat!)

Paul - Thank you so much for this, you don't understand how happy I am :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This Has Really Helped, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) (Paperback)
I have been on the Slimming World programme for a year now, and although I've lost a fair bit of weight, the one thing that was sabotaging my weight loss was my emotional over eating. I had got the Slimming World plan into my head, but the near constant desire to eat - and the near constant thinking about food - was slowing down my weight loss.

Within three days of listening to the trance cd (and reading the book as well), I have felt a change in how I look at food. My mind is clear from the constant thinking about food, and I have no desire to pick between meals, or, during the notoriously dangerous time for me, that hour when I get in from work and start to cook dinner. (During this time it wouldn't be unusual for me to eat half a loaf, because I was simply bored or stressed at work).

I do not have a sweet tooth, I prefer Greggs to Thorntons any day, and used to find it hard to walk past my local Greggs and not come away with something to eat, but the past few days, even with the enticing smells that come from the shop, well, it's not bothered me at all, I don't even think about what they sell or what I like to eat there.

I would highly reccomend this book (and the cd and DVD) to anyone who has emotional eating problems. At one point I felt very low and wanted to end it all because no matter how I tried, comfort eating always won the day. I felt this was my last chance, and I'm so glad I've tried it. I will use this every day for the rest of my life if that is what it takes to keep feeling this in control of my eating and my life.

Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD)
Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) by Paul McKenna (Paperback - 2 Jan 2014)