5.0 out of 5 stars Felt very secure during my A Levels
I used this book during my A level exams this summer. Although i doubt it can make anyone smarter only hard work does that. It made me feel secure in my knowledge and when i sat down i felt prepared. This was great relief as previously i have felt so nervous that I panic and my memory blanks this enabled me to stay calm (well as calm as i am going to be) and use...
Published on 24 Jun 2012 by reviewer1

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Do It For Me
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Russ

4.0 out of 5 stars 6% smarter already, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I normally have a certain scepticism about Paul McKenna and a personal grudge. (He once made me 'make love' to the floor in front of an audience. I'd been hypnotised into thinking the floor was Jan Leeming). With this book, I once again have to hand it to him. The techniques are very clear and, for a book trying to make people smarter, easy to understand. By the way, does anyone know if McKenna's phd is earned or if he managed to persuade someone to give it to him?

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been listening to this almost daily for the ..., 5 July 2014
K. Hill (Northop, Flintshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I have been listening to this almost daily for the last 6 months. I can feel something different about the way I work, how I can resolve things quicker. I'm sure this works a treat. I certainly feel smarter since listening to this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Do It For Me, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I have never read any of Paul's books before but decided to give this one a go after the generally positive reviews from his previous releases. He claims he can increase concentration and memory, two things which I generally lack in. I'm confident the theory behind his practices are as scientifically valid as he claims however the exercises themselves are fairly primitive and in my experience, few actually work, particularly the 2 exercises relating to concentration which are pretty much identical.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good bloke. Bad book., 4 Mar 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I like Paul McKenna. Since he gave up doing the awful stage shows and concentrated on the therapeutic use of hypnosis he's done a lot to promote a positive impression of hypnotherapy.

However, I fear this book may be a volume too far in his series. McKenna's been reapplying the same NLP/hypnosis/visualisation techniques for some time now, with a superficial nod to whatever word follows the "I can make you..." brand. If nothing else, with all this recycling McKenna can probably claim to be Britain's greenest writer.

Here he skims over a number of techniques better described and applied in Tony Buzan's far superior Use Your Head: How to Unleash the Power of Your Mind.

Following Paul's excruciatingly embarrassing appearance on Loose Ends to promote the book - in which he failed to memorise a simple selection of ten items in two minutes - it's difficult to see how he has any credibility in this overcrowded space.

Save your pennies and buy Buzan instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope it works, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
These types of books are ususally no use to me cause of my dyslexia. But this book seems to be on my wavelenght. Haven't got to the end as yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A smart buy, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
This book really works if you follow the exercisesI Can Make You Smarter and do the workshops. Play the CD's and relax.
You can feel the blocks that stop you doing what you want to do melt away like ice in a hot desert, see how your confidence grows.
I am still working my way through the book, only because I'm practicing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 29 April 2014
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Well I am going through this book slowly picking up bits and pieces as I go. I am hoping this book will be of use to my daughter in future years when she has to take her exams ( whatever they will be). I like the way he breaks down the chapters and has little maps to make it easier to understand. I have not got into the CDs yet as I never get the peace to relax for half an hour to listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can make you smarter, 15 April 2014
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
If its as effective and totally life changing as his other fabulous books /cds and dvds it will be just what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars im smarter, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Great book,helped me with getting though English,Maths and made me feel much calmer in the exam room,I would buy his books again

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for finding and pin-pointing your inner abilities, 25 July 2013
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Really good book if you have trouble with worrying about exams and helps in dealing with the stress of learning etc.

I recommend it if you are looking to gain a better and more clearer perspective on your abilities.

I Can Make You Smarter
I Can Make You Smarter by Paul McKenna (Paperback - 5 Jan 2012)