5.0 out of 5 stars I can make you smarter, I hope
So far this book appears to 'do what it says on the tin'. Concentration has improved and I am remembering things that I hadn't realised I had absorbed. The CD, well so far I have fallen asleep not long after I have been listening. So it must work. The book is well written and the exercises, probably best done alone, are good. Hears hoping for an improved me!
Published on 15 Feb 2012 by Mrs. Susan E. F. Yuille

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Do It For Me
I have never read any of Paul's books before but decided to give this one a go after the generally positive reviews from his previous releases. He claims he can increase concentration and memory, two things which I generally lack in. I'm confident the theory behind his practices are as scientifically valid as he claims however the exercises themselves are fairly primitive...
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Russ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I can make you smarter, I hope, 15 Feb 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner for Mr McKenna, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Picked up a copy of this having previously read Instant Confidence and Change Your Life in Seven Days. Like the others it's well-written and offers interesting insights and has lots of helpful exercises. Always feel more motivated and switched-on after reading his books. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Can Make You A Little Less Dumb, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Feeling a little 'dumb' after the excesses of Christmas, I decided to purchase this book to start the new year in a better frame of mind.

Paul writes in his inimitable style to bring you a work which combines the disciplines of NLP, Mind Mapping (by Tony Buzan) and techniques utilised in Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: not necessarily about becoming academically smart, but using strategies to solve problems/ make decisions.

It is quite a thick, (no pun intended), book at around 280 pages, which is easy to navigate with Whole Chapter Summaries and the aforementioned Mind Maps. Included are two CDs; one for sleep programming, the other for exam success.
I like the layout of the book, but feel it is a little heavy on NLP techniques, for which I would like to have seen more tips on memory, mental maths and logic.

The 'finger and thumb' NLP exercise is maybe a little over-used; when you've used it to feel confident, relaxed, happy, etc, it may just make you feel confused!
Give it a go, I would suggest reading work by Tony Buzan in this field as a supplement.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hero, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I have read and practiced with every book written by Paul McKenna. I can now honestly say that he has changed my life for the better. So far he has helped me mend my broken heart, regain my confidence, improved my sleep patterns,made me happy. Paul has helped me to control my stress and made me smarter. What more can an old girl ask for? I am 75 years old and I feel about forty. I have not read about being made rich because I am already rich in terms of joy and happiness, good friends and fun activities. My love and thanks go out to Paul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt very secure during my A Levels, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I used this book during my A level exams this summer. Although i doubt it can make anyone smarter only hard work does that. It made me feel secure in my knowledge and when i sat down i felt prepared. This was great relief as previously i have felt so nervous that I panic and my memory blanks this enabled me to stay calm (well as calm as i am going to be) and use everything I have learnt!
I love the sleep CD easy to do and helps me to have a really deap sleep. Not sure if this is just a placebo effect but to be honest I dont care, if it gives me the desired feeling i'll pay 6 for that placebo effect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!!, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Great techniques to get past mental blocks about learning and realising potential! I'm enjoying the benefits of reading this book every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book about accelerated learning, 11 Feb 2012
Length:: 4:17 Mins

What if we really are smarter than we think? This book gives a lot of answers to many learning issues. I recorded a little video review for you. I was actually about to talk about the 2 cds included when my pc got stuck.That's why I ended it so abruptly. The cds help you absorb the material included in the book as well as boost your confidence in learning and exam taking. So, they add a lot of value to the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, but most of all, useful!, 9 Jan 2012
Beth Jackson (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I have to say, I approached this book with a fairly open-mind, but it's actually even better than I expected. Some of the other books I've read on this subject have either been over my head or just too wordy (or numbery!), whereas this one has lots of useful exercises to work with. For example, I've always thought I was just naturally terrible at maths, having had extra coaching just to get through my GCSE, but some of the tips in here have shown me it's just the way I've been taught and my own limiting perception of what I'm good at. It's a very interesting read regardless of age or ability. Try it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
Ok, I don't like any self-help kind of book. This one interested me for the techniques, like improving concentration and changing mindset to improve the learning process. I honestly I'm not so keen on 'you can do it!' kinda thing, but I found this one motivating.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can make you smarter, 19 Feb 2012
Mrs. M. Lamb (Cowbridge. South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Make You Smarter (Paperback)
I ordered this book after seeing Paul Mckenna being interviewed on television and was not disappointed with the book and surprised to find the enclosed C.D.,s

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I Can Make You Smarter
I Can Make You Smarter by Paul McKenna (Paperback - 5 Jan 2012)
5.49