5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book
A fantastic book from two people who have far more style than the rest of us. It is the sort of book that you can plan to have a quick look at, but end up reading for hours. It is funny and funky at the same time. I've bought copies for my teenager sister and my middle-aged one too....
Published on 18 Mar. 2007 by Mrs. R. M. Lyster

3.0 out of 5 stars Magazine in Hardcover
The book has a lot going for it but at the same time a lot lacking. Its written in the style of a magazine- non continuous, stop-start, lists...

I kept turning the pages to wait for the good parts but must say was mostly disappointed.

Published on 25 May 2007 by H. Bains

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, 18 Mar. 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK!!!, 9 May 2010
Bettie (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cheap Date Guide To Style (Hardcover)
Having read quite a few fashion/style books I can , hand on heart, say that this is the best one I've ever read. If your taste is more individual and quirky and you're looking for inspiration to create your own look and express and celebrate your uniqueness then this is definitely the book for you. Rather than dictate a set of fashion rules about what you should look like and who you should be, this book tells you that you already have your own style and taste and it's just perfect as it is, all you need to do is go ahead and express it. It's the first style book I've ever read that makes you start to look at clothes like a giant dressing up box with infinite possibilities and limitless fun to be had. Within a day of buying this book I felt completely energised to dress however I damn well pleased and became instantly more joyful and light hearted about the entire process. Sounds too good to be true? It isn't, buy this book and learn how to be a happy dresser!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Magazine in Hardcover, 25 May 2007
H. Bains "jackofalltrades" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cheap Date Guide To Style (Hardcover)

I give it 3 stars as it has good pics, some very original ideas and is a book you'd probably look at every so often for inspiration.

The authors should seriously consider putting a 'look inside' section as whilst I probably might have been put off, some people may really like the style of writing.

Its definitely not a 'how to' guide but I'm keeping my copy for inspiration.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Date, 31 Jan. 2008
This review is from: The Cheap Date Guide To Style (Hardcover)
Very magaziney style book for those who want a diiferent style icon except Kate Moss, Sienna Miller etc. Of course they are brilliant, but this book focuses on original style and unusual inspiration. Not much text in long features, but still a good flicking through book. Whenever I look through it I find something new, and nearly every page is full of birlliant ideas! Some of the recommendations to do with foreign countries are unrealistic but the charity-shop notes are brilliant! Definitely buy if you're bored of usual clothes and everyday magazines.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Cheap Date Guide To Style (Hardcover)
Very good condition.Amazing book, it is a must you defo have to read it . Changed my way of dressing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and fantastic, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Cheap Date Guide To Style (Hardcover)
Creative and imaginative. This book is the perfect antedote to the dire "Things I wish my mother had told me" witty and clever taking their inspiration from everything. I often suggest this to my fashion students who always love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fix up, look sharp!, 20 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Cheap Date Guide To Style (Hardcover)
Based of the now-defunct Cheap Date magazine, this book is rather unique and like no style book I have read before. Unlike most style books, it does not prescribe a specific formula to be considered 'stylish', instead focusing on experimenting, originality and making mistakes. It features interviews with style legends such as Anita Pallenburg, Vivienne Westwood and Chloe Sevigny. It's very student-friendly as the book focuses on CHEAP shopping such as charity shops and jumble sales, which is just as well because every time I read this book I want to go shopping.

The Cheap Date Guide To Style
The Cheap Date Guide To Style by Kira Jolliffe (Hardcover - 1 Mar. 2007)