4.0 out of 5 stars Another fine addition to the saga of Pern
Dragon Harper is the third collaboration between Anne and Todd, and like the previous novels set in the Third Pass era of Pern's vast history. This story is very much a direct sequel to Dragon's Fire (although the epilogue in Dragon's Fire is in fact set several years into Dragon Harper), and tells the story of Kindan's apprentice years at the Harper Hall and of the...
Published on 8 Jan. 2008 by Mr. J. R. Hurst

1.0 out of 5 stars I miss the old days
I have been reading the Pern stories for over a decade now and every time I read a new one I just feel more and more disapointed. Books like The White Dragon and Dragonsong are truely magical and I've read Moreta more than 10 times and it still makes me cry. It feels to me that these stories keep on coming just to keep the franchise going rather than to add anything new...
Published on 9 Mar. 2010 by E. McKiernan

2.0 out of 5 stars not so good, 8 July 2009
I love the Pern series and have every book, this one however I did not keep to read again. Why? it was just too bleak and somehow the magic that transported me to pern just isn't there. I will just have to re read the ones I have. What a shame

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 4 May 2014
As always, a superb story from Anne McCaffrey - what an amazing writer. Can her son live up to this now?

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragons of Pern, 23 Jan. 2015
K. Hutchinson - See all my reviews
Great set of Books for anyone interested in Fantasy/Sci Fi, an old set with a very large following.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Harper, 3 Jun. 2014
Ms. Therese Gleeson "hells auntie" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Dragon Books - I love them all. Why can't they be true. I want a dragon - or even a Fire lizard.

5.0 out of 5 stars splendid, 3 Nov. 2014
I've had these books for many years - delighted to get them now on Kindle for a good re-read

5.0 out of 5 stars She has a well deserved excellent reputation., 4 Nov. 2014
Ronald Maxwell (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Anne McCaffrey's Dragon series is a classic. She has a well deserved excellent reputation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
The quality you get from the Pern books

3.0 out of 5 stars Not vintage but a good read., 19 April 2009
The whole Dragon world is getting tired and needs something new: this is a good read but it lacks originality and needed a little something extra - I'm not sure what!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magnificent McCaffrey, 7 Sept. 2011
I have almost all of Anne McCaffrey's books. I read them over and over again. I met Anne at Dragonhold Under Hill in County Wicklow, Ireland. She made me a cup of tea and we sat and discussed her books. She showed me around her house which is full of gifts from readers, all in some way related to her books, especially the Dragon Series. She signed my copy of All the Weyrs of Pern. This book I have just read, Dragon Harper, had me gripped right from the beginning, not least because it reunited the reader with Kindan. I found the story absorbing, tragic and yet inspiring. I spent at least half of the book crying !!!!! Anne and Todd have a very special writing relationship and I hope they continue for many more years. You keep writing and I'll keep reading. A dradon rider's word on it !!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
Very enjoyable read

Dragon Harper (Dragonriders of Pern): 01
Dragon Harper (Dragonriders of Pern): 01 by Todd McCaffrey (Hardcover - 1 Jan. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01