5.0 out of 5 stars Pussy - For cat owners you know better!
As an owners of two cats, this book was a great find. Whoever said that cats don't have traits obviously don't own any!
Published on 4 Jan. 2005 by Ben

1.0 out of 5 stars Pussy that is a bit too rude
As a friend of mine has two cats I thought this book might be a funny present for her. The book has funny stories but unfortunately it contains too many f-words etc. Needless to say, Pussy got returned.
Published on 29 Nov. 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pussy - For cat owners you know better!, 4 Jan. 2005
Ben (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
This books is very funny, and is a great read as it's style is similar to a lads-mag and thus doesn't have long articles! Another thing I love about this book is the spoof adverts that the author has changed to fit Pussy. The Sky advert is genius. Also the photography in the book is perfect for the genre it is spoofing.
Overall an excellent book that you will dip in and out for ages!
If you own or like cats - buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 30 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
I just bought this as a Christmas present and now wish I'd got myself a copy! It's pretty funny! For anybody to appreciates humour or just loves cats. It's set out like a men's magazine with cat-related articles inside, including "People: A User's Guide", and "Sleep: Is 18 hours a day really enough?" It also has advertisements (based on human ads, but made feline). Perfect for a good chuckle. And the cat might enjoy it, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 5 Jan. 2005
P. Fuller "peterfll" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
I was given this at Xmas and I have never laughed so much at a book for a long time. For any cat-lover this is a must (unless you're a repressed recluse who can't bear to read the odd f-word). You can really believe it is written by our beloved felines. The article "My Best Friend Was A Dog" sums up the humour here perfectly; ending on tragic twist with his best friend having been put down the cat in question ends the story with "It was a while ago now. I can't remember. Actually I don't really care". Read it and weep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny cat madness, 10 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
Every page is packed with gags, great pussy pics and sly pop culture references. By the end of it you're convinced that these cats are actually capable of putting out their own magazine and that they are every bit as daft, lovable and spiteful as your own moggy can be. The mad cat scientist Dr Schleep made me weep with laughter. It's an ideal Xmas pressie for the groovy cat lover in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute classic, 15 April 2005
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
I received this book as a Christmas present and it is the funniest thing I have seen in ages. If you are a cat owner (or just a cat lover), there are so many things in the book you can identify with.
The whole book is hilarious but I especially enjoyed the letters page ("Scratching Post"), "Is 18 hours sleep a day really enough?" and the piece about cat nip addiction. It is the sort of book you can keep reading again and it is still funny.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 8 Oct. 2004
Mr. N. J. E. Harrop (Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
This is the kind of book you'd buy for a friend for Christmas, but end up keeping for yourself. It's a work of genius - such a clever concept, a brilliant satire of lads mags, but also an incredibly surreal glimpse into the strange mind of the cat. Basically, it's one of the funniest books I've ever read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pussy: For cats that should know better, 24 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
We were bought this book as a random present by friends, who admitted that they had actually delayed giving the book as they had to read it first!
We have now bought the book for 2 other friends as I feel it should be read by all persons that "own" a cat (we are but mere servants to our two felines that we lodge with!). The catnip article will go down in history and I never knew half those facts about goldfish...
Buy it, read it, buy it for someone else and discuss it at length over dinner.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was laughing in my own basket!, 5 Nov. 2004
Ms. Felicia Davis-burden (Staines, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
This is one really funny book - especially if you are a cat-lover a little frustrated at the glut of over-sentimental books on our favourite creatures. The concept of 'Lad's mag' for cats is ingenius and brilliantly put together. Reading the Catnip article, I laughed so hard I nearly had an accident in my very own scuzzy basket. And after a hard, somewhat soul-destroying day at work, this was a perfect antidote. Joyous stuff, I hope there will be a further installment of 'Pussy'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny - recommend it highly., 8 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
It's a very silly book/magazine written supposedly by cats for cats. It's so silly but compelling at the same time - an article about a cat whose best friend is a dog is hilarious and sad. There are lots of really funny pictures of cats, too (and some dogs). Whether you like cats or not, it's a great book to keep in your loo alongside Viz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining book that keeps you purring forever., 15 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better (Paperback)
The setting that this is a book/magazine written by cats for cats is funny enough, but articles like "My best friend was a dog" and the one about catnip addiction are just too hilarious for words. Actually, the former is quite compelling and sad as well. I also very much enjoyed the photographs of various cats. Some of them are really cute to look at.
I would say that Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better is a definite winner. It has certainly made it to my permanent bog book list!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better
Pussy: For Cats That Should Know Better by Paul Thompson (Paperback - 7 Oct. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01