on 25 November 2007
David delivered FALL OF KINGS to his editor the day before he went into the hospital, taking the story up to the final siege. He had discussed the storyline with Stella who has been deeply involved with the research and creation of the trilogy since its inception. He left behind him a chapter by chapter plan as to how each character should develop and how he saw the final novel ending. This is bittersweet news.
I'm delighted that his fans will be able to see the end of this series in the way DG would have wanted but it just underlines that we won't be seeing anymore from the great man. If you missed one of his prior releases, go and read the books in this series.
on 12 April 2013
This has been a fantastic book to end a fantastic trilogy! Always kept on the edge of your seat. Will read it again no doubt!! ;)
on 20 June 2014
The greatest writer of sword fiction that has ever lived. No-one else comes close to the genius of David Gemmell . Sadly missed
on 24 April 2013
All 3 books just as good as each other. Kept me awake at the end of my nightshift when I should have been trying to sleep :)
on 17 March 2014
I've read practically all of his novels, and they're all beautifully written. It's so sad that it's come to an end.
on 3 January 2013
A book for my friend who is a avid reader of this author and a good christmas read for him into 2013.
on 23 August 2013
where do you go from here?
what happens to the settlement in the seven hills are we going to ever find out?
on 3 December 2007
This is a brlliant conclusion to the TROY trilogy, and also to David Gemmell's legacy.

This novel is just as good as the previous two in the trilogy, packed with myths, legends and some great action and adventure.
The battle scenes in this book are brilliant, I particularly liked the battle between Hektor and Achilles, so much better than the Hollywood version.

If your new to the worlds of David Gemmel or not interested in the fantasy fiction genre then this trilogy is a great place to start, you never know you might just love his work and want to read more.
If that is the case then I heartily recommend Legend and Waylander,enjoy!

On a personal note I would like to thank Stella Gemmell for finishing her husbands legacy and for doing it so well, I even shed a tear reading the epilogue. THANK YOU!

I hope this review was of some help to you.
on 21 December 2012
Excellent author and as I have read most of what he wrote will have to find another author to start reading
on 18 October 2008
Fresh from reading Conn Iggulden's Lords of the Bow. I was handed the first in this trilogy of books.

Having never heard of David Gemmell nor heard of his tragic death before the end of the final novel. I had no idea WHAT a read I was in for!

These books were a roller coaster of emotion. Brilliantly written!

Without revealing to much of the characters stories, I was genuinely crushed and distraught when reading of the fates of some. This is a story about some the greatest Heroes and Heroines of history.

I read an awful lot of historical fiction and have a book case filled with the works of Cornwell, Iggulden, Scarrow, Severin.... These books rate way up there!!

I would recommend anyone who enjoys reading to buy this trilogy without delay!!