4.0 out of 5 stars What a life!
Published on 17 Jan. 2004 by pamela pullen

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor effort!
This is really an account of past relationships and bedroom activities of the author. It's boring!!! Whole chapters on another random girl and then a few pages on the food side of his life.
Published on 14 Sept. 2008 by reader001

4.0 out of 5 stars What a life!, 17 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Raw: My Autobiography: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
I have watched Antony for some years on his TV programs and on Ready Steady Cook. Couldn't put this book down - he has had the most extraordinary life and reading the book is just like sitting down at a dinner party and listening to him. If you like seeing him on TV and hearing his little comments you will love this book. What an interesting and delightful man he is - plus his honesty concerning his childhood and life makes for a very interesting tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Aug. 2004
Hilarious very raunchy, what a life this man has led, When I see him on Ready Steady Cook I feel I really know him, now I know he really wants to Win!

4.0 out of 5 stars Celebrity Chef with depth and charm - OK, I was surprised, 4 Mar. 2007
Mrs. B "Mrs.B" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
I have always liked AWT and thought I would give the bio genre a try using his book as a first. I was not disapointed.

I don't know if he really wrote the book but frankly I don't care. It was a touching tale of a disturbing childhood through to a turbulent adulthood.

AWT is very candid in his writing and doesn't seem to mind telling his most private secrets. Some people may be surprised that someone from such a disjointed upbringing has made such a sucess of their life. The style of writing as much as the story kept me interested the whole way through.

I would recommend the book even if you don't like AWT's on screen persona, as the book really does catalogue the life of a very interesting human being.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a life, 9 Nov. 2009
Well what a life Antony has had. I enjoyed reading his book which is well written and hard to put down. He comes over as somewhat aggressive and very keen on sex. I might get tired of him if I was around him very much but for the duration of one book he is rumbustious and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Raw: My Autobiography: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
This is one of the most amazing books that I have ever read! Antony opens up his whole life, starting with his childhood, going through his years at boarding school, then onto his work & personal life. I am now reaching the end, with only one chapter to go. It is a very thick book so will take a while to read, but it is sure worth it. This book has given me the inspiration to read more autobiographies by famous people, and has made me love reading more as a whole!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor effort!, 14 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Raw: My Autobiography: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
It really is a bad effort. I was a big fan of AWT but since reading this he has gone down in my estimations. It's obvious to the reader that he measures his successes in how many ladies he can bed.
If you were expecting to read about british food at an interesting time in its development, forget it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read...., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Raw: My Autobiography: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, warts and all stories, at times a bit I love me who do you love but it is an easy read and entertaining

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug. 2014
Received as advertised. Fast delivery.

Raw: My Autobiography: The Autobiography
Raw: My Autobiography: The Autobiography by Antony Worrall Thompson (Hardcover - 15 Sept. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01