4.0 out of 5 stars hawking's universe
Reading this book was a pleasure. I found the content presented in an understandable tongue that was story like in the way I found myself drawn into this history of the universe. Of course as a layman some of the science is beyond me, but only because i do not have the necessary background to fully comprehend the full implications of the theories discussed. However not...
Published on 1 Sept. 2005 by liam

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read - but not the best on the subject
I'm reading this book 20+ years after its initial publication. I suspect that had I read it 20 years ago my reaction would have been Wow! that's incredibly interesting stuff and given it 5 stars. 20 years is a long time in quantum physics and so a lot of the material was familiar to me, and I think, Simon Singh, in the Big Bang: The Most Important Scientific Discovery of...
Published on 26 Feb. 2010 by M. Hadfield

‹ Previous | 115 16 1728 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantistic book, find a little bit hard to get ..., 1 Sept. 2014
Fantistic book , find a little bit hard to get my head around but I am not that bright ,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov. 2014
Bought for husbands birthday! As soon as he started to read he wouldn't put it down! 😃

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
Hawking makes a complicated subject much easier to understand. Very thought provoking

5.0 out of 5 stars fast dispatch, good quality reading, 10 Feb. 2010
havent finished reading it yet!!!! but wanted to read it and try it..heard so much...

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, more challenging, refreshment of time :), 30 April 2011
I ddin't know what to expect from this book. It turns out, this is one of the best books written on cosmology, particle physics, quantum physics and other science related stuff. I found this easy to read; there were never times when I found myself putting the book down for ages. It was a very smooth, easy-going guide to our universe; it explains some of the most confusing aspects of science in a simple yet challenging way. This book goes very nicely Brian Cox/Jeff Forshaw's book 'why does e=mc^2?' Both combined create an enjoyable view of our universe. I read 'a breif history of time' when I was 13 and it added very nicely to my knowledge of spacetime :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jan. 2015
A good and interesting book.
Complicated subject explained in a simple way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 7 Nov. 2014
Difficult read due to all the footnotes but sure gets the brain cogs going!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
Great book! Easy for anyone to understand and well written - Worth a Read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Feb. 2015
very good although some bits i still don't understand lol! excellent read

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 25 Feb. 2010
A. Hickson - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, its very well written and Stephen Hawking does his best to explain things to the layman. I think its suitable for anyone who has an interest in the subject. I especially enjoyed the chapters on Black Holes. I did find the last two chapters a bit difficult, so perhaps the general reader ought to buy his "Briefer History of Time" which I understand is an updated and easier to follow version. There are some very good illustrations in the later book too.

‹ Previous | 115 16 1728 | Next ›

A Brief History of Time
A Brief History of Time by Stephen W Hawking (Hardcover - 1988)
Used & New from: £0.01