5.0 out of 5 stars In Heidi's backyard, flight #116 went down., 18 May 1999
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this thriller. Its action packed and once you start reading it, you can't put it down. In the beginning, Clooney takes you through the lives of some of the people on the plane. By the time the plane goes down in Heidi's backyard, you really feel like you know these people. The way Clooney described the plane going down is simply incredible. You feel like you are watching it happen or you are actually inside flight #116. Heidi, home alone, has to collect all her courage and bravery to go out and save the lives of the dying victims. She at first is not sure how to react, but she shows us that if you put your mind to something, then it can be done. It was indeed a night she would never forget and a book you will never put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 15 Aug 2002
M. Lambert "M. Lambert" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This book was excellent, it tells the story of the people who rally round and help when flight 116 crashes in thier town. The story is told from the view of the people in the town, the passengers on the plane and thier relatives who are waiting for Flight 116 to arrive at the airport. I would recommand this book to everyone. It gives a real insight to what happens when a plane does come down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 11 Aug 2000
By A Customer
I borrowedthis from my friend and read it it an hour-just couldn't put it down. The chracters are really brought to life. While so many passengers are injured and Heidi and her friend help the passengers, this one girl called Darrianne is so selfish. She moans about sitting with a little girl and walks off the plane not hurt at all. All she cares about is her flight connection!

5.0 out of 5 stars A girl desperately tries to save people from a bad crash., 2 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Flight 116 is Down is about a girl that sees a plane go down in her backyard. The plane
has many different people and many children on the plane. The she turned her house into
a medical station but she does not have any help. Her parents are not even home.
Some of the kids die in her arms and the girl has no help until 20 min after
she find the plane. Medical attention is needed but is not given to the people for a
long time. Her parents finally come home but what happened to the plane? Many people
had died and there story was told in this book , all from the parents sad story to the lonely
children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Mystery Thriller The Best Book Ever Writen, 3 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This book was the best book ever writen!!!! This book was a mystery thriller with up to the minute cutting edge thrills. Cathrine B. Coonie has never writen a better book.It has terror action reaction and is fulled with realstic content. Miss Coonie has created a real mystery thriller which as i put a must read and review.When the very exiting parts come you feel like your in the action. Running from a stalker as a regular girl you feel and know you are being hunted. This is worth every penny. A must read for everyone. Highly Recommended . This is the best don't settle for less. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars The only one, 7 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I bought this book almost two years ago at a thrift store in our town, and I began reading it in the car. I finished it in less than three hours, I loved it so much. It is so packed full of action, and emotion its unbelievable!! Also about two weeks ago I gave this book to my boyfriend, who HATES to read. He hasn't read more than 10 books ever. When I gave it to him, he pitched a fit, but I talked him into reading it. He couldn't put it down either. He even canceled our date that night!! Now he reads alot more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of the year, 2 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Flight #116 is Down is my all time favorite book. I love it and I have told many people about this book. It is a great book and I have deep respect for Caroline B. Cooney. I can hardly wait to read it again. For the hundreth time (literally!!) --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is an AWESOME book!, 10 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Flight 116 is down is one of the best books I have every read.( and that is alot of books) This book lets you ( the reader) show real compasion for the characters on the plane and alot of hatred for Darienne.( the passenger who thinks she was spared)Its a long, suspensefull book that takes place in about 10 hours. This is a book every booklover should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book i have ever read, 27 Jun 1998
By A Customer
I found the book fastinating and couldn't put it down I read the whole book in two days not putting it my parents got really mad but the book was just too exciting to put down. I found I could relate to many of the charactors but found a few other people who took a while to read it didnt find it as exciting as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 7 April 2013
i first read this in paperback form as a teenager, many moons ago!!! read again on kindle still a great read, a tale of a plane crashing into a remote estate, good characters good plot, fast moving story, well worth a read, and one i shall recommend my daughter reads in years to come

Flight 116 is Down (Point Horror)
Flight 116 is Down (Point Horror) by Caroline B. Cooney (Paperback - 18 Mar 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01