Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 July 2001
Three children in the house have read this book continuously for the last four days.Parents have also been willing drawn into the book!!
Featuring exceedingly complex and sometimes wonderous photographs by Walter Wick, the challenge for the reader is to solve the puzzles set by author Jean Marzollo, on each page.
At first glance this seems a singularly simple task and even young children will claim that this going to be easy, however, as with all good things, it is not as straight forward as it may appear.
No matter how good you may think you are at these type of observational tasks, there is so much to take in that you can concentrate for as long as you wish on the large two page photographs but, inevitably it will be your three year old who identifies the very small straw hat that your mind has failed to register annoyingly placed amongst some flowers.
Our children managed to sit quietly and concentrate on each of the pages. What a triumph!!
Delighted to see that there are many more similar books by the same authors.
Highly recommended.
on 4 June 2013
I had used other books in this range with my grandchildren and all have been stimulating and enjoyable
to use.This one is excellent...it is a visual feast .It is such a clever idea....children have great fun looking
for objects in some very complex photographs,which encourages shape recognition.
I have found that 3 year olds can manage some of it while older children still find it demanding enough.
It is educational FUN and my grandchildren(aged from 3 to 9) and I are glad to have come across it.
on 5 May 2011
The book is interesting with every page having quite a different style of image. The items are also varied and captured the attention of my niece and nephew. Some things are very hard to find - even for the adults, but it is easy to vary it with young children as there are so many things you could be spying.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 December 2008
Sometimes you don't want to read at bedtime, sometimes using the brain in a different way with books can be educational. I alawys buy these books for kids birthdays and they are always a hit. Something different and fun.
on 2 January 2013
I've loved these books since I was a child and I'm enjoying buying them for my children to enjoy. This is not as challenging as some of the others, but still fab!
on 16 February 2013
i love these books and so does my son and its a fun way of introducing my son to culture. really great. thanks
on 7 November 2014
A present for my 7 year old grandson. It's still one of his mother's favourite books from her childhood.
on 13 March 2015
I buy lots of these books to show teachers how useful they are.
on 15 May 2016
Excellent coloured pictures, lovely book.
on 28 April 2008
My husband brought this book back from America for our two year old daughter and it was an instant hit. Each page is packed full of things to find, with a rhyme telling you what to look for. There are many many more things to find other than those in the rhyme so the book really is limitless. It keeps her quiet for ages and is also really helping to develop her visual skills as well as learning lots of new words. I've just ordered this book for my friends little boy who will be two next week. I hope he gets as much enjoyment from it as my daughter has.