5.0 out of 5 stars Great for every age.
This book is great if you want the full history of Dr Martin Luther King JR in a way that all ages can read it. I struggle to read and to have a book that I can understand everything that's written is the best feeling. I recommend this book for anyone who want's to know about the history of Dr King.
Published on 3 April 2012 by UniversityStudent2012

1.0 out of 5 stars martin luther king
same opinion as [measure of a man] written for school children not what i was expecting at all
amateurish to say the least
Published 7 months ago by kevin doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for every age., 3 April 2012
This review is from: I Have a Dream: The Story of Martin Luther King (Scholastic Biography) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally Informative Reading, 10 Mar 2012
Martin Luther King was an exceptional man, he fought for what was right even in troubled times. I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and bought it as a useful help when writing an assignment for MLK for my current GCSE in English (Public Speaking, 2012). However, the book became more than just an accompanying thing; it became interesting, and certainly, a book I will read again. It tells the story from the start about how MLK grew up and what kind of incidents as a child and teen influenced him to become the person he was. Fabulous read, the only downside was it is in large print, but then again I could read it without glasses!

1.0 out of 5 stars martin luther king, 17 May 2014
amateurish to say the least

5.0 out of 5 stars M. King, 20 April 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. It was very informative and easy to read. I have recommend it to my family as well as friends.
Delivery was good, value for money good

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 3 Feb 2014
"I HAVE A DREAM" indeed we all should as I have bought this book through Amazon. It is a dream come through. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars I Have a Dream : the Story of Martin Luther King (Scholastic Biography), 15 Jan 2013
I bought this for my son but didn't realise that it was a very simplified version for much younger children.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading crtic review of a book that is not accurate and full of dribble..., 28 Jan 2013
We rarely review anything on Amazon but felt we had to warn potential buyers about this travesty of a biography on Martin Luther King and others. Very, very disappointed with this piece of writing, and shocked that it is published under the Scholastic Biography label. It is deeply offensive and full of inaccuracies and assumes that it's readership are uneducated and unintelligent with no knowledge of Martin Luther King, the civil rights movement or the struggle for racial and gender equality. The Amazon write up misleads by not warning potential customers of the low age/mental age target audience of this book - written in basic language tone and content and the text is set in big type. This meant we wasted our time and money buying this item as it is way too shallow and simplistic for our 12 year old home educated son who rated it 'dis-empowering' in his book review. Unfortunately we bought this book before the reviewer who also rated this book a 1 warned it 'is a very simplified version for much younger children'. FTR we would have rated it 0 but the minimum Amazon allow is 1.

EG taken from Pages 41 & 42 regarding the one year long Montgomery anti-segregation bus boycott when black people walked miles to work each day rather than ride on the buses.

'But on Thursday, December 1st, 1955, a woman named Rosa Parks refused. She had worked hard all day at her job in a downtown department store. After work she'd done some shopping. Now she was finally on her way home. Sighing with relief, she sank into one of the seats right behind the "Whites Only" section... "I don't know why I wouldn't move." Mrs. Parks said later. "There was no plan at all. I was just tired. My feet hurt."

Surely not the same 'mother of the civil rights movement' Rosa Louise Parks!!!?!

The Rosa Parks who was an activist all her life and was a "incredibly amazing, political conscious, highly trained field secretary of the Montgomery chapter of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) for years & part of a female collective that had been organizing the action against segregation on local buses for some time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Nov 2014
Excellent condition and wrapping. Postal time fair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Dec 2014
Great facts and easy read for 9 year old

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., 17 Dec 2014
Arrived quickly. Good quality.

I Have a Dream: The Story of Martin Luther King (Scholastic Biography)