5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Interactive Book

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning, miniature version
Published on 1 July 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Interactive Book, 20 Feb 2008
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Unlike many interactive style books for small children this does not make noises, nor does it require you to lift the flaps. As a parent I think this is brilliant, as there is nothing to drive you mad, and nothing for the child to rip. It does require the child to poke their finger through a hole in the page though, which given that poking their fingers into unlikely places is what small children do naturally, works a treat.
The fantastic illustrations, great imagination and simple repetitive rhyming of the book all make it a clear favourite with kids and something silly and fun that they can learn easily and repeat with great gusto. A wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Play On Words, 23 April 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Don't Put Your Finger in the Jelly, Nelly! (Picture Books) (Paperback)
An Excellent play on words by the popular childrens author Nick Sharratt. This book is made up of rhymes which all follow on from the title. Children can really get involved by putting their fingers through the holes leading through to the next page, and for days afterwards, they are kept occupied by making up their own rhymes relating to those in the book. This is a wonderful book which children will love to read, and which does not get too tedious for an adult reading with their child. As well as this, there are some fantastic, colourful and funny pictures made up of photographs in a cartoon shape.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning, miniature version, 1 July 2010
I use the normal-size version of this book in storytimes all the time. So I thought it would be a great present for my friend's little one. Came here to order it and was very disappointed when it arrived and it turned out to be the miniature version. It does still have the toddler-proof pages, so hopefully will still be fairly robust, but it's not as good for sharing. It does say it's miniature if you scroll down the page to check the details, but it's not obvious. Also, in case you're wondering how big it is, it's not tiny. It's about the size of a CD case, so it probably has some advantages for storage. Oh and fingers do still fit in the holes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 April 2007
twinmummy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My kids love this book. My 8 year old still enjoys it, she reads it to her 2 year old brother and they have a great time together! She does the reading and he puts his finger in the hole, although its been read so many times that he knows it all word for word now! Great book for kids, highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Size matters, 21 Oct 2010
G. K. HORNSBY (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
What a shame I didn't check the product details as I was very disappointed to find this book turned out to be a miniature copy. It should say so at the very top with the title. As I was ordering three books by Nick Sharratt at the same time I had assumed they would all be the same size. Not much use for reading to a class of children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Little fingers will love it., 30 Dec 2006
If you are looking for a book for a baby- this is it. My 8 month old adores it. She has just started pointing and this book enables her to practise pointing and develop her hand eye coordination. It's also made of sturdy enough paper to prevent her ripping it apart.

The pattern and rhyme is simple yet infinately appealing and the drawings have the usual Nick Sharratt charm.

This is a must have item on my babies bookcase and will be a purchase you won't regret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 Sep 2010
My 3 year old daughter loves books and Nick Sharatt is a favourite, this book has got to be one of the most popular books we have. My 1 year old daughter also loves it and they both find it extremely funny when the older daughter pokes her finger through the holes of the colourful pages as we read it. It's not too long either so I don't mind reading it twice at bed time and don't get bored of it myself even though it's read most nights. I would highly reccomend this book to anyone with young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not again surely, 17 Oct 2012
Oh my goodness, we have just come across this book for Florence my 15 month old who in the last few days has learnt a new word. "book" and don't we know it, I am beginning to wish an alligrater would come and eat me whole. Not my favourite book ever but something in florences world tells me it's five stars plus. She adores it and her favourite bear on a bike by barefoot books has now been replaced by spag-yeti's and jelly-phants.

Children's books should appeal to children and this one ticks all those boxes. It's not about parents liking it it's about the child, so get reading mums and dads, the days of Janet and John are well and truly past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, 12 Sep 2011
I was looking for a book without too many words to read to a pre school group of under fives. This is a great book that was enjoyed by an even wider age range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my 3 yr old sooooooooo happy!!!, 21 Mar 2011
T. Albrigt (England) - See all my reviews
My little boy found this book while on a routine visit to the hospital and he loved it so much that I came straight home and bought it for him. Amazon managed to have it here the VERY NEXT DAY which was a fantastic surprise :)
All in all a brilliant book that encourages interaction with both the words and the pages. Recommended to everyone x

Don't Put Your Finger in the Jelly, Nelly! (Picture Books)
Don't Put Your Finger in the Jelly, Nelly! (Picture Books) by Nick Sharratt (Paperback - 15 Mar 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01