Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 January 2014
Chose a middle lrating as I found it slightly boring. Since I have always read this authors' books I was very surprised. It became very obvious half way through as to what the ending would be. Very few highs or lows and I was relieved to finish it. If you like a Mills and Boon type book then this is for you
Over the years I've read a lot of Barbara's books, (and will be placing other online reviews of her works).

This novel follows the story of Marygold/Meredith, she returns to England where she was originally from before she was adopted and then raised in America. She desperately wants to find where her real mother's grave is but can't find it, she then tries to trace where her mother was buried and she gets a surprise with what she finds out!! Whilst in England she also falls in love with a beautiful stately home which she decided to buy as she wants to renovate it to its former glory.

That's all I'm going to say as I know you'll enjoy this novel and I really don't want to spoil it for you.

By the way if you love the novel, it was also made into a film which is also worth seeing. :-)

I really enjoyed this novel; I found it a compelling read. :-)
on 14 July 2012
I was so disappointed in this book. It was so predictable but of course nothing can compare with Woman of Substance. I managed to finish it but really was bored by it.
on 26 September 2013
I have enjoyed Barbara Bradford's books for many years,they are light and interesting and since seeing A Woman of Substance on T V year ago I've been hooked. Have just finished this in hosp. After a hip replacement!!
on 30 November 2013
I purchased for the wife as I bought her a Kindle a couple of Christmas and she likes to read a lot. She prefers the ones that are free to Kindle though. Will be purchasing as and when.
on 24 December 2014
A light entertaining story. Not as much depth as I'd expected. Her search for her mother not as,complex as realistically expected. Overall a story that inspires hope.
on 17 April 2012
The book came quickly and was well packaged.I found it an enjoyable read,although it differed a bit from the tv version of the same name.It was still worth reading.
on 5 June 2015
Really enjoyed this book which is based on fact. A disgraceful thing for the British government to send small children so far away !
on 27 May 2012
From the first chapter I was hooked, I couldn't put it down and last night carried on reading it until I finished it. Superb
on 6 January 2013
Enjoy this authors books so not surprisingly found it a good read. Will continue to buy more as usual.Keep up the good work