5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Bring You Buttercups
Published on 3 May 2006 by Susan Pugh

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bring me buttercups
This is one of the most boring books I have ever read. Indeed I was unable to finish it as by page 257/812 I just couldn't stand any more. Could someone tell the author that 800 pages of repetative drivel in no way makes up for interesting content. I certainly shan't read another and advise anybody else only to try this if you can't sleep
Published on 11 Jan 2011 by spottydog

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Bring You Buttercups, 3 May 2006
Susan Pugh "Sue Pugh" (Cardiff South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
This is the best book I have ever read, just can't put it down. I have only just discovered Elizabeth Elgin and this is the third book of hers that I have read. I can't wait to read the follow up books about the Sutton family and all the other books that she has written, do hope she decides to write more books set in the war, just brilliant stories and I feel I am there with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent spellbinding read!!, 15 Nov 2001
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
This book paints a vivid picture of life at the start of the 20th century and during the first world war. Throughout the book I felt that I was there and could imagine the scenes which the words painted. A wonderful storyline which means that you can't put the book down. I heartily recommend this to romantic and hard headed people alike. The way that the relationships and personalities interact does make you think about how you as an individual treat others and your effect on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book by Ms. Elgin, 12 Jan 2002
M. E. Newell (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
I'll bring you Buttercups by Elizabeth Elgin, truly is a great book. Ms.Elgin once again brings foward rich characters that the reader truly care for. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars ..., 16 Aug 1999
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
This book is one of the best I have ever read. It was a real eye-opener for me, and gave me great respect for the men and women of that era. I have already read the next three in the series, and I reccomend them to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, compelling - a good light read, 15 April 1999
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
this story is the first in a series of four which follows the fortunes of Daisy Hawthorn, a young sewing maid, and the aristocratic Sutton family, from the beginning of the century to the end of the first world war. Although the characters are fictitious the background information is historically accurate. I couldn't put it down and am already reading the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping, exciting historical and romantic novel, 24 Aug 1999
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
For anyone with an interest in the First World War this is a must. Although a work of fiction, the historical perspective is well written and evocative of the era. A delightful holiday read, difficult to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Bring You Buttercups, 4 April 2008
Bookworm (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
After having picked this up in my local library by looking at the blurb on the back cover and being attracted by its historical setting, I was immediately transfixed. I have since gone on to buy all of Elizabeth Elgin's books and have loved them all. The five books (this being the first) based on the Suttons of Yorkshire are favourites that I will read over and over again. Ms Elgin draws the reader into a bygone era and describes the Rowangarth house so beautifully. The book has plenty of twists and turns with an unpredictable ending. A gem of a book and not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved this book, 9 Feb 2008
Gayle (The Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
Although it was given to me by my Gran and not my usual cup of tea - I loved it, loved it. The characters, plot line and the setting captivated me and I couldn't put it down. I also really enjoyed the historical aspect, I didn't realise that pre-WW1 was a bit Jane Austen-ish for young ladies! A very well-written book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series! Read this.

4.0 out of 5 stars newly discovered author writes about WW2, 29 July 2013
This review is from: I'll Bring You Buttercups (Paperback)
quite old fashioned style of writing. 1st in a series of 5. has similar situations to her other books. A good easy read to take on holiday

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bring me buttercups, 11 Jan 2011

I'll Bring You Buttercups
I'll Bring You Buttercups by Elizabeth Elgin (Paperback - 4 July 2011)
15.55