5.0 out of 5 stars Tycoon: The Life of James Goldsmith, 27 May 2014
I have a thing about Goldsmith. Fascinating, complex man. I first read Billionaire by Ivan Fallon which is a longer book with a lot more intricate detail on his business deals - most of which I didn't understand but which made my jaw drop because of the sheer boldness and it must be said, brilliance, of the man. Tycoon is less complex but misses nothing. Its better written, easier to read. It focuses more on the complex personality of Goldsmith, which I found rewarding. It was also more punchy on the very early family history than Fallon's book which, again, I appreciated in that it made it an easier to get to the main event that much quicker. I'd certainly recommend Tycoon, if you can get it. I could only get it second hand from the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational read, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Tycoon: Life of James Goldsmith (Paperback)
Goldsmith was a maverick who operated on his own terms. He had balls of steel. Taking huge personal risk the so called experts thought he was mad - it paid off more often than not and he continued to prove everyone wrong. His maxim in life was to 'enjoy' rather than 'endure.' He lived in the moment - on the eve of potentially going bankrupt he took his wife out for a slap up meal. Incredible conviction and an innate talent for business, I wish I had 1% of his financial nous. An incredible life story.

Tycoon: Life of James Goldsmith
Tycoon: Life of James Goldsmith by Geoffrey Wansell (Paperback - 4 Aug. 1988)
Used & New from: £0.01