5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 23 Sep 2001
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
I bought this when I was falling in love, I read it when I was IN love, and cried into it when love left me. Every possible action that Love takes is described in line after line of real emotion. Patten is fantastic. If you have ever experienced any contact with love then buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensuous, thoughtful, inciteful, and marvelous., 24 Mar 1999
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
This book was given to me by a dear friend while visiting te British Isles last summer. I at first only skimmed it, but over the past few days, I've read the entire collection. Patten has found how to express how beautiful and tragic love can be. I highly recommend this book, even if you are not a large fan of poetry. It's absolutely superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, beautiful, thought-provoking yet simple., 14 Feb 2001
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
This is the most wonderful collection of poems I have read because it is full of simplistic beauty and yet is heartrendering too. It is a joy to read and to dip into however I am feeling, especially when I am feeling in need of a pick me up from my own thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Painfully perceptive, 8 Aug 2004
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
A collection more for the end of love than the beginning. I scoured it for a suitable epigram for a present my partner when we met, and couldn't find one. Now the relationship is ending, every other page is apposite. It's a very comforting book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book, 4 Dec 2013
S. Lacey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
It was second hand but in very good condition and given as a present and much appreciated.
Brian Patten is one of my favourite poets and gets life love and relationships in a modern context just right. His lyrical and sparse use of language and imagery is captivating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant copy, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
Brilliant copy; arrived the day before the due date and is high quality. A few folded pages but this was thoroughly warned about in the products description.

5.0 out of 5 stars sentiment, 16 July 2009
K. Love (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Poems (Paperback)
I bought this as i had read it whilst still at school. A lovely complilation of poems and worth buying, all easy on the mind. It took me back 25 years and was just as good to read the second time.

Love Poems
Love Poems by Brian Patten (Paperback - 12 Sep 1991)
Used & New from: 0.01