on 21 November 2011
Superb book which led to the hit BBC TV series of the 1980s based on Malta and all about the Knights Templar. This 1980s series in the style of Who Pays the Ferryman and the god awful Aphrodite Inheritance (ie a suspense story set in Greece popularised the brilliant Peter Egan as an actor) the plot is simple : woman goes on holiday, meets wealthy successful man and drawn to holiday romance only to find he is the anti-christ and involved in all sorts of sinister Knights Templar practices at his castle (which live on in secret to this day) - the series caused an outcry when after all the build up the final scene made no sense what so ever - it turns out Egan was being hexed by her. The series also featured music by the Human League(which i am sure was the track hard times for all you 80s junkies) sadly its so long since i have read the book but this is a plea to the BBC rather than wasting our license fee on crappy reality TV and sending B list celebs to exotic locations to make a point PLEASE put thIs out on DVD along with Who pays the ferryman (available only in German version) If you love Greece, history, romance and thrillers and knights templar mumbo jumbo this is for you.
on 12 March 2014
I bought this because I thoroughly enjoyed the series on TV and their is no DVD available. The book is okay inasmuch as it tells the same story, but it seemed to lack any spark (I should add that I do read a great deal, and enjoy reading - in fact I often prefer books to film). To be fair, I think this book is based on the film - such books often do not have any real depth and this may be my problem here.
on 28 June 2013
Did not see the last episode of this series when it was on TV and always wondered what happened. Now I know after all these years. A strange story but it keeps you reading.
on 15 July 2012
I'd actually been looking for the DVD of this series but saw the book and thought I would get that as I couldn't find DVD. It is a great read and I could picture the 80's TV series when reading it.
on 29 July 2015
Watched the series way back in the 1980s this book is worth the read if you can get it.
on 12 July 2013
Didn't enjoy this much and not what I recalled from the TV series. Couldn't recommend it I'm afraid. Quite disappointed
on 20 February 2015
Came on time so will read it later.I can remember the series on tv,soit will be great to ccompete.
on 23 July 2014
Quite a good supernatural thriller set in Rhodes. Quick and easy to read. Enjoyed it.
on 9 August 2013
Remembered the TV show and wanted to read the book. I wasn't disappointed. It has stood the test of time