5.0 out of 5 stars three tanks & fifteen men, 10 Mar 2004
This review is from: Mailed fist
I first purchased this book in aprox 1962, & am now on my 5/6 copy & am looking for a replacement, why?. Because this is a true story, I have been to the places in england, the french bocage, the ardenne, where so much of their action took place, I have seen, their training grounds, the beaches they landed on,the ground they fought over, their tanks now used as memorials in small french towns, their graveyards. I understand some of the type of people these tank crew were, & this account of three tanks & fifteen men is full of; fun, sadness, mystery, fear, guts, determination, grief, dispair, frustration when they watch their shells bounce of the opposing tanks, this book will take you from Regimental H.Q. to the Rhine through the full range of these emotions, it does this to me every time. My Father went onto the beach on June 12, this give me an account of what was happening around him during that time, something he would never speak of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal reasons., 22 April 2014
This review is from: Mailed Fist (Paperback)
I purchased this book as it was written by my Grandfather's Squadron Leader. The book gave me an insight into the operations and conditions experienced by my Grandfather. The high rating was partly based on my personal interest in the story, more general reading would still be informative and enjoyable.

Mailed Fist
Mailed Fist by John Foley (Paperback - Dec 1968)
Used & New from: 3.50