5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on 18 Sept. 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not as good as I thought it would be.
Published 4 months ago by BWH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
I am currently studying A-Level English at college. I originally borrowed this book from my tutor to help me with my work as I was having problems when it came to literary analysis. The book goes into great depth in explaining the rules of English Grammar and its complexities in a clear and concise format, which I personally found easy to understand. I have read and used other books as a point of reference, such as 'Grammar Structure and Style' by Shirley Russell but I found that they were too complex to use as a quick tool and although the latter is another excellent book, when it comes to ranking them for ease of use, the book by Shirley Russell does not even come close. I would recommend this book to anybody who is having difficulties with English grammar or anybody who simply wants to correct the grammar that they use in day-to-day life. This book is also useful for those who are learning a foreign language and are having difficulties in relating the grammar of the new language to that of their own. This is something that I have experienced first hand. Overall, I would recommend anybody who wants help with grammar to purchase this book as it is one of the best that I have seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well that makes sense now, 31 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
As someone who is only just being introduced to teaching Basic & Key Skills I have already found this book invaluable. I have had it a short time but already referred to it on several occasions whilst undertaking my own course work and homework. I thought I was good at grammar but this puts the rules and general grammar details in to a way that is so easy to follow. It all makes more sense to me now.

5.0 out of 5 stars So you thought grammar was difficult?, 20 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
An excellent book for anyone interested in grammar as it's used. Crystal has a direct and accessible style, wearing his considerable learning very lightly. This is both a useful reference book, for those wanting to check up the difference between participles and particles, as well as being a handy guide for those wanting an introduction to English grammar to aid their own writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, clear a must!, 11 Nov. 2001
K. Mossop - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
I used ' Rediscover Grammar' by David Crystal while studying for a degree in English Language at York St John's. It was wonderfully clear helpful and useful throughtout my studies.
We need more books like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Book. Volume of information, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
This compact book is a real source of straight forwards to the point information on grammar. Highly portable and a fabulous ready reckoner. Used in conjunction with other grammar reference materials it forms a formidable part of the student's arsenal of reference material for the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
this book has been advise by the teacher to check some grammar points because unfortunately the teacher from year 5 didn't teach gramar nor math and noe my daughter dop feel it, so she bought this book to learn the basic of grammar to be at the same level to the others kids. She is very happy with it, as she said it is never to late to learn the basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars a newbie to grammar, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by a teacher as I was having little breakdowns not knowing how to finish my work - 'should I write it this way or that?'- I was in endless deadlock. I love this book, I've no idea if it will improve my writing (I will find out when editing my dissertation), but I feel happier understanding what writing is, and how it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little grammar book around, 7 May 2008
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
I used Rediscover Grammar back in 1999 as a first point of entry into the subject before I trained for a stint as an ELT teacher. Clear and concise, it opened my eyes to the world of grammar and quickly got me to grips with it. I have browsed through many books on grammar since, but I still think this is best. Whatsmore, 12 years on from publication, the presentation still looks fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed and clearly described, 9 May 2015
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
Beautifully designed and clearly described. Teachers and students will find it very helpful in view of changes to the National Curriculum.

5.0 out of 5 stars concise, 31 Dec. 2010
Binibubbles (Newcastle upon Tyne UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rediscover Grammar (Paperback)
This little gem has all the information you need at the tip of your fingers on grammer. It is very well written. The best thing I like about it is that it fits into my hand bag so that I am never without during my teaching sessions. Ideal for students and teachers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rediscover Grammar
Rediscover Grammar by Prof David Crystal (Paperback - 30 Mar. 2004)