Format: PaperbackChange

on 24 July 2013
I have bought several books in this area but this is the clearest for me, a mature stiudent with no prior experience of English Literature. I really recommend it.
on 9 August 2015
This book gave some good advice overall but some of the advice is quite general and obvious for someone writing a dissertation who would have quite a lot of experience writing essays already. The exercises weren't very appealing and seemed a little tedious. I will still be referring back to this when I start my dissertation but I would definitely say you can write one without it using online advice as the advice in the book isn't really specific for a dissertation. I would say this is more suited to someone started an undergraduate English degree or an English A level, as opposed to someone in their final year of university starting a dissertation.
on 18 January 2015
Bought this years ago but never left a review. By far the most helpful, most valuable book I bought while at university. I'm convinced that for me this book ultimately made the difference between getting a First and getting a 2:1 (no guarantees, of course).
on 17 July 2014
Hopefully will help and guide me in the right direction. Perfect!