4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!
Published on 10 April 2004 by thewayiam4

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Useful guide.
Published 2 months ago by D.A. Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 10 April 2004
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I brought this book to help me on my AS King Lear coursework. It was such a help! It had all the major themes and ideas as well as language and act-by-act notes. It has some complex ideas but easy to work through. The feature I like the most is that in the margins of the books it has further reading or websites to go to for more information on the topic you're looking at. This study guide is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I ordered the King Lear York Notes because the were recommended by my teacher whilst studying my English Literature A-Levels. This york notes in particular I found to be extremely helpful. It gives summaries of every scene, helping to make sure that you know the play well and it also provides a commentary on every scene, giving ideas for essay writitng and what the events in the scene suggests etc. The notes also have sections on themes within the play, characterisation, Shakespeare and context. I would recommend this particular York Notes to anyone studying King Lear because it helped me so much and friends who also purchased it also reccommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny., 25 Aug 2010
E. Walters - See all my reviews
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I brought this for my A-levels. It goes into many of the plays themes indepthly, picking out extracts to explain the sub-text and character development. This book helped me get into the mind of Shakespearean characters.

The best thing about the book is it goes into a lot of the context, of around the time when the play was written.
Every characters motifs is explained. Each scene has an overview section, in case you don't understand why something has happened. I recomend this book if you're studying King Lear and want to further your knowledge before the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped a lot!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
If you're studying King Lear at A-Level this is incredibly useful, it gives you a summary of every scene with detailed commentary as well. It has themes, critics, context all that is helpful for the exam. Of course you can go deeper into the play but I would still recommend this book when revising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irreplaceable, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I've been using York Notes since GCSE, I got A* in GCSE and A in my AS Literature and using York Notes for my various texts was a massive help, it gave me ideas on which I built on to make them my own and by reading it it becomes very clear how to structure your own essays. I'm using this for A2 at the moment and it's perfect.

No matter what your essay title is, the commentary for each scene is detailed and incredibly useful-I really recommend using York Notes in general.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good revison., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
very helpful with revision. gives some very interesting and useful points that I'm sure I will use in my exam. well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful insight., 28 Aug 2013
G. Wright "KLEFTIKO" (SW ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
It arrived in time and was easy to read and gave me a easier insight into what was being conveyed. I should have liked more detail about lexis and structure but it was worth buying

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but I bought it by accident, 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
WARNING! This does not contain the play only notes! Useful but I bought it by accident.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
Helped greatly with my A-levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and detailed, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: King Lear: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
A straightforward yet detailed study guide. A great accompaniment for any A-Level student, and one I recommend my students buy.

King Lear: York Notes Advanced
King Lear: York Notes Advanced by William Shakespeare (Paperback - 29 Aug 2003)