5.0 out of 5 stars A must-buy for law students
Published on 3 Oct 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars edition to outdated
edition was too outdated to be used only good for reference for the time it was written and published.
Published on 12 May 2009 by Ms. A. Adebayo

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-buy for law students, 3 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Contract Law, 3rd Ed. (Paperback)
I have just finished my first year of a law degree and I found this book to be invaluable. If, like me, there are times where you seriously lose the plot when reading through the many pages of a case, then this is the book for you. It helps you get to the essence of a case so that you know you are off on the right track. In fact, I thought it was so good that I'm now going to buy the Criminal Law and Tort Law books by the same author so that I know I will get through my second year safe and sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars A conversion of complication into easy phrases and words!, 29 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Contract Law, 3rd Ed. (Paperback)
i have just finished my first year at law school. I discovered this book half way through the year and i never looked back. The authors have made a complex subject into understandable English using both old and modern cases. The essay questions in each chapter are realistic to that of a real exam - excellent revision. I will look to buy other books written by them for next year - thankyou Catherine and Frances

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 22 Oct 2002
This review is from: Contract Law, 3rd Ed. (Paperback)
If you are studying for a Contract law exam or even just for case study this is one of the best books that you can buy. Also the questions and answers at the end of each chapter has been known to be used as exam questions. This book is basic to read but gives you the easiest chance of understanding it and taking it in.
Very good I dont need to do contract law exams anymore but i certainly wouldn't sell my book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and easy flowing materail, superb for LLB courses, 16 April 2007
Michael Bird "LLB" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contract Law (Paperback)
I bought this book has a general knowledge to prepare me for a contract law module to come in the future, after reading up to the last chapters as i am now, i have to say i have been very impressed and unaware with just how much i have learnt and how many cases i have learnt and can site from this book, its been really impressive and if you on a LLB course and you want a book that you can understand without consulting your dictionary every two seconds, this is the one, tells you what you need to know and how you need to use it, with superb case history to back it up!!......

5.0 out of 5 stars Contract Law, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: Contract Law (Paperback)
A good well set out informative read,a book that allows me to look up queries and questions that are put to me daily at work and allows me to flick through it and come up with a response in a way I would not have usually responded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: Contract Law (Paperback)
This book is an amazing help for law students. It is easily written so everyone can understand as English is my 3rd language and I am one of those who often struggled to understand contract issues. This book helps me to understand the topics very well and it's relevant cases.

2.0 out of 5 stars edition to outdated, 12 May 2009
Ms. A. Adebayo (the uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: Contract Law (Paperback)
Great quality, great price. Just what I was looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Thin for University, 29 Sep 2007
Technophobe (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contract Law (Paperback)
This book is too thin to be a reliable guide; and frankly, if you want to learn the law, why would you rely on a journalist? (which is what Quinn is).

Quite simply, the law of contract is a complex subject, and you just cannot make it all that simple without misleading the reader. Moreover, there's nothing in this book to help you when you want to research an essay - it's just Janet & John stuff, with no references to scholarly writings that you can read to help you understand the subject better (and get better marks for referring to). If you want an introduction to the subject, then try McKendrick, then for more detail you can go on to Cheshire, Fifoot & Furmston or Treitel.

This book might be all right at A Level, but if you have got as far as university and you still need a book like this, then you are never going to cut it as a lawyer, so you should cut your losses now.

Contract Law
Contract Law by Frances Quinn (Paperback - 20 Feb 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01