5.0 out of 5 stars It is sure to become a best-loved book on the book shelf.
This children's classic centres on the adventures of a big skeleton, a little skeleton and a dog skeleton. They venture out from their dark dark cellar in the hope of finding someone to scare. However, since everyone is asleep in bed, they have to make do with scaring themselves. The results of which are hilarious!
One of the great things about this book is that the...
Published on 3 Aug. 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor
I realised it was second hand when i ordered it so i expected it to be in a less than original state. What i didnt count on was all the writing and scribling within the book which was not advertised.
Published 7 months ago by Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars It is sure to become a best-loved book on the book shelf., 3 Aug. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
One of the great things about this book is that the repetitive nature of the language ("On a dark dark hill, there was a dark dark town. In the dark dark town there was a dark dark street") means children (both readers and non-readers) can easily join in with the rhythm.
It is great fun to read the story one-to-one or with a group of children. It is sure to become a best-loved book on the book shelf. Whilst the story is funny and has great accompanying illustrations, be warned that for children younger than say four, the style and nature of the book may be a little menacing!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 20 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
In a dark, dark memory...
I used to love this a child and I still love it now! Although Amber doesn't sit still long enough to listen to me reading it to her she loves looking at all the pictures. They are nice and vivid colours. If your child likes books like these Meg and Mog are another good one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story for a three year old at hallowe'en, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
This is a great story for young children. The pictures are bold, the story is funny, and also scary! I love to read it aloud to little ones who can easily help to read the captions.
I always enjoy the Ahlbergs' stories and would recommend them to any parent or teacher of young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 Jun. 2014
R. P. Scott (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
My son had this book when he was young. He's now grown up. My daughter remembered the book and asked about it for her young children. I don't know what happened to it, so ordered a new copy. I read the book the moment it arrived. It's just as funny and well illustrated as I remember. I'm sure my grandchildren (and my son and daughter) will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jen, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
An amazing book which I never bored of as a child and am now reading to my 3 year old son...he absolutely loves it! I have now invested in more books within the series (the collection for sale via Amazon is great value!). A charming book that can be enjoyed by all generations because of the humour and the fantastic bright illustrations!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
My favourite book as a child - great to be able to share it with my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Six stars, and even that won't be enough!!!!, 14 Oct. 2004
"tom_jones2004" (Rome, Italy, Europe, world, universe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
It's AMAZING! The dramatic plot twists are archetypal of the children's adventure genre. In short, IT ROCKS! I think this book will appeal to the child in all of us. A great way for kids to learn as it juxtaposes humour and biological science as it intergrates to bone structure. The dramatic irony of the mishaps of the midnight trip keeps the audience in suspense and anticipation as to the story's climax. The typical genre conventions such as the full moon, the dark dark house, and the dark dark street, are the epitome of child ghost stories. READ IT! TJ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back memories, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
I bought this to read to my son because I remembered it as a child. It's a bit advanced fir him now but I'm sure he'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars had this as a child in the 80s, 26 Mar. 2014
Tammyanne Marsden (Worksop, Notts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
I had this as a child in the 80s and loved it so when i seen it (while scrolling for books for my kids) I had to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Oldie but a Goodie!, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Funnybones (Paperback)
This book has been a favourite of mine for years and it's worth getting. People of all ages love this book and it's great for those learning to read.

Funnybones (STORYTIME GIANTS)
Funnybones (STORYTIME GIANTS) by Allan Ahlberg (Paperback - 24 Aug. 2000)
Used & New from: £17.50