5.0 out of 5 stars The best book for Language students ever!, 17 Jan 2001
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
This book was recommended to us by our English Language tutor and it has proved to be the best buy we could have made. It helps you with your theory sections and is great for discourse analysis, although it doesn't have much about the Case Study Paper, if you have to do it. This book is a must for all A-Level English Language students. If you're doing AS or A Levels it's a fantastic book and is really useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE FOR GREAT A.S. REVISION!!, 16 May 2001
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
i have seen the english lang. and psychology versions of this series and they are amazing for the price!! the whole course (including A2) is packed into this very thin book but still includes everything you will need to know with revision questions from short ones to exam practice! It also specifies which topics you will need to know depending on the exam board you're with!! THIS BOOK IS PERFECT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The AS/A2 English Language Essential, 23 Feb 2003
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
I chose this book over other AS Level English Language textbooks as it catered for A2 as well, which means I won't need a seperate textbook next year and I can already see what the second year offers. I was expecting a much larger textbook - how could something that takes up so little shelf space help me in my A-Levels? It has, however, helped me a great deal, and I now feel confident that I will achieve high grades for both my AS year and the full A Level.
After buying the book, my English teacher personally recommended it to the class. I, and now the rest of my English class, totally agree that it is the best source for AS English revision. Terms are explained perfectly and various uses of english language are covered. The main thing is though, this book covers the whole course whatever exam board you are entered under. A list is given in the inside cover of what each exam board expects at each level, with page references to the correct material.
You really cannot go wrong with this book. I was overwhelmed by the terms and definitions I was given at the start of term. Since buying the guide, I understand every aspect fully, and am now expecting an A grade in my coursework. If you want to succeed, this is the essential tool to guide you through the two years. I have not come across a better AS level textbook in any subject. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars IF YOU WANT TO DO WELL BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE......, 21 May 2002
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
It lists absolutely all the topics and sums up the course brilliantly. I like the checkpoints and examiners hints and also the pages on exam techniques. I did AQA B syllabus and i think i coped well with the exam thanks to this book. ITS A MUST BUY FOR ANY LANGUAGE STUDENT..EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND NOT TO BIG!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to put a smile on the examiners face..., 28 Sep 2003
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
After previously reviewing this guide (below, as ms_retro), I received my 'AS' results this year. In the two examination units of the course, I gained full marks! I thought I would add this, as I think the guide made a significant contribution to my final marks. Wherever you are in the course at the moment and however well you are doing, if you are taking an A Level in English Language, you have to buy this book. Seriously, this is the best kept secret in English Language revision and I think everyone should have it - and no, I am in no way connected with the writer/publishers! Good Luck *

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect tool, 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
This book successfully provides all the knowledge a student needs in a succinctly manner. It has been the best aid to get me to a successful pass in my AS/A2 level and later on in the years I successfully used it as a tool to a AS/A2 teaching lesson plan which I had to present in an interview to secure my place on a PGCE course. It has never failed. Compact with examiners tips, warm up exercises and keypoints to consider it is one of the best teaching and revision tools. The use of language is easy to follow, the presentation well organised, definately one of the best revision books I've stumbled upon also because it covers all the diverse examining boards not restricting the reader to one possible book and the fact that it's a combo for both AS and A2 levels saves hard earned cash for students as it kills two birds in one stone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 4 Sep 2002
c a marshall (bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
If you're doing AS or A2 eng lang then you'll find this really useful... I didn't buy it until I was revising for my June exams, and wish I'd got it earlier. It's set out really well and was a huge help! I got a B in AS eng lang and feel grateful to this book ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars A LEVEL STUDY GUIDE, 6 April 2014
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
I really liked working through this book because each topic is dealt with thoroughly with clear explanations. My ONLY criticism is that I would have liked to practise the skills acquired with a few more texts and examples. I was having to supplement these .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., 12 May 2012
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
Excellent quality despite being second hand and an easy to use, simple revision aid. Very happy and would definitely reccomend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 16 Feb 2010
This review is from: A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language (Paperback)
The content is great and covers absolutely everything a Language student would want to know for a bargain! I have to say that the seller's description was not accurate; a book which is coming apart from the spine and has been highlighted and underlined everywhere (which was not mentioned) is not in "Very Good" condition. I would recommend this book regardless of this.

A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language
A Level Study Guide: AS/A2 English Language by Alan Gardiner (Paperback - 21 Sep 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01