5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written
Published on 1 Oct 2008 by Dewar

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the book not the notes!
The York Notes Advanced Series are on the whole clear, concise and well written. I was therefore disappointed by this book which does not really focus on the dominant themes which arise in the book.
Published on 26 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the book not the notes!, 26 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Remains of the Day: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 1 Oct 2008
This review is from: Remains of the Day: York Notes Advanced (Paperback)
I loved this absolutely beautifully written book and read it in one sitting. Narrated by an English butler, Mr Stevens (we never know his first name), it is a truly moving tale. From the day he sets off on his journey, the story captivates you until the final pages. I loved his definitions of the word 'dignity' and I would thoroughly recommend this as an excellent, enthralling read of times gone by. I wished it had been longer! It won the Booker prize and for once, you can see why.

Remains of the Day: York Notes Advanced
Remains of the Day: York Notes Advanced by A Other (Paperback - 3 July 2000)
5.59