5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful; makes implicit knowledge explicit., 17 Jan 2009
This book is a wonderful book for anyone wanting to learn more about grammar. Grammar is often a tricky business for a lot of people but few have the courage to actually do something about it(esp. when English is supposed to be your mother-tongue).This was the case with me: I am a now a postgraduate student and I know that during my undergrad, the correct usage of grammar was something which I struggled with in my writing, but never bothered to take lengths to correct things- I thought I will acquire the knowledge somehow, when the truth remains that no matter how good your ideas are, bad grammar or incorrect syntax will ALWAYS let you down.

A professor recommended this book and I am so glad I have finally purchased it-better late than never! Using examples from a range of texts, and non-jargon, it explains essential aspects of the English language and grammar and those things in writing that I am often unsure of.

Like I said, I am really happy I've finally purchased this book: what it is really doing is making implicit knowledge explicit. I intend to finish it and start from page one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Take the fast lane, 10 July 2009
Mr. J. Drew "Jamie" (Norwich UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grammar and Writing (Speak-Write Series) (Paperback)
Grammar and writing is an excellent guide for learning the building blocks of the English language. Unlike many other books on grammar it is written in a simple but yet informative way, thus maintaining integrity. There are plenty of examples to consolidate the underlying principles as the title 'Grammar and Writing' suggests. This book is a valuable tool, especially for those who wish to gain a quick insight into the grammatical field without too much painstaking reading, as is usually the case with text books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Grammar and Writing (Speak-Write Series) (Paperback)
Thank you.

Grammar and Writing (Speak-Write Series)
Grammar and Writing (Speak-Write Series) by Dr Rebecca Stott (Paperback - 11 Jan 2001)
19.17